Rune Factory 4 (and 3) being rereleased in Japan

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by duffmmann, Jul 21, 2017.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Rune Factory 4 Best Collection is a rerelease of Rune Factory 4 being released in Japan this October: https://www.marv.jp/special/game/3ds/rf4bc/ No different than the already available Rune Factory 4, its pretty much like a game of the year kind of release. A separate Platinum Collection will also be released at the same time, which includes the Best Collection as well as Rune Factory 3 for the DS and the soundtracks for RF3&4.

While this isn't all the most exciting of news as these aren't new games at all, it should be noted for what this move signifies. Since Neverland Co., the Rune Factory series developer, filed for bankruptcy in December 2013, the series has been frozen, and fans have been wondering a lot about the future of it. Marvelous confirmed in the past that the series would continue, but so far nothing has been shared, we just know that many of the former Neverland Co. developers are now working at Marvelous. This move signifies that Marvelous doesn't want us to forget the series, they care about the series, and are proving that Rune Factory games can indeed be published without Neverland Co.

All of that is to say that, maybe we will still see a Rune Factory 5, and if we do, I sure hope they consider releasing it on the Switch

dsionr4 likes this.
  2. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Rune Factory will always trump Harvest Moon for me. More things to do, and much more fun. Although developers really need to remember that gay/lesbian couples exist in the world and not censor that....

kikongokiller likes this.
  3. LucaP

LucaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Brazil
    Ohh, i'm really glad that Marvelous is doing at least something to show that the series is not dead! Been a Rune Factory fan since RF3 was released, and i still have hope we'll see a RF5 sometime, or maybe a spin-off like Tides of Destiny for Switch.

4. CJmario of the Myst

CJmario of the Myst Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    I though that the developers of the series went bankrupt?

5. LucaP

LucaP Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Brazil
    The developer responsible for Rune Factory was Neverland Co., which indeed went bankrupt around 2013, even tough RF4 sold a LOT of copies. But Marvelous, Rune Factory's publisher, hired the development team responsible for the series right away, and they even made Lord of Magna, that was released on 2014 i think.

6. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    They should bring this to US, Rune Factory 3 is so hard to find here.