Gaming Rune Factory 4 (and 3) being rereleased in Japan

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory 4 Best Collection is a rerelease of Rune Factory 4 being released in Japan this October: https://www.marv.jp/special/game/3ds/rf4bc/ No different than the already available Rune Factory 4, its pretty much like a game of the year kind of release. A separate Platinum Collection will also be released at the same time, which includes the Best Collection as well as Rune Factory 3 for the DS and the soundtracks for RF3&4.

While this isn't all the most exciting of news as these aren't new games at all, it should be noted for what this move signifies. Since Neverland Co., the Rune Factory series developer, filed for bankruptcy in December 2013, the series has been frozen, and fans have been wondering a lot about the future of it. Marvelous confirmed in the past that the series would continue, but so far nothing has been shared, we just know that many of the former Neverland Co. developers are now working at Marvelous. This move signifies that Marvelous doesn't want us to forget the series, they care about the series, and are proving that Rune Factory games can indeed be published without Neverland Co.

All of that is to say that, maybe we will still see a Rune Factory 5, and if we do, I sure hope they consider releasing it on the Switch

Reactions: ShonenJump

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ohh, i'm really glad that Marvelous is doing at least something to show that the series is not dead! Been a Rune Factory fan since RF3 was released, and i still have hope we'll see a RF5 sometime, or maybe a spin-off like Tides of Destiny for Switch.

CJmario of the Myst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, i'm really glad that Marvelous is doing at least something to show that the series is not dead! Been a Rune Factory fan since RF3 was released, and i still have hope we'll see a RF5 sometime, or maybe a spin-off like Tides of Destiny for Switch.
I though that the developers of the series went bankrupt?

LucaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I though that the developers of the series went bankrupt?
The developer responsible for Rune Factory was Neverland Co., which indeed went bankrupt around 2013, even tough RF4 sold a LOT of copies. But Marvelous, Rune Factory's publisher, hired the development team responsible for the series right away, and they even made Lord of Magna, that was released on 2014 i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse