STARMAN
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RF3Undublogo.png
I enjoy centering things purely to annoy you.​
Introduction
I figured that having the final version of the undub I made floating around in the third page of a random topic is probably not the best idea, so I am starting this to make it easier to locate.
Previews:
A set of videos of the dialogue files playing their Japanese version then the English dub equivilant.
Download
Megaupload - Rip in Piece
Instructions:
1. Put your clean rom in the xDelta folder
2. Open the xDelta GUI
3. Select the patch 'undub.patch'
4. Select your ROM clean rom
5. Apply patch
6. Done!
Known Issues:
None​

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
game01 said:
what's undub?
Switch the English voice/sound with Japanese voice/sound.
o.0 LIES!!! xD
An undub is to replace the audio files from a certain media (such as a video) with the original audio from the original (so a Korean game brought to English would have an undub that put the Korean audio back instead of the English audio).

But for most occasions, ShinRyouma is right.

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so... it still have the messed up sounds? like the main character saying "rune factory" when he level up?!

there is some other errors, but i do not remember them now... probabley there are some tips in the RF3 topic

by the way, what "moko" sounds are you talking about?

EDIT: how did "sensei" (master/teacher/professor) became guinea pig?!

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
not really... some VA really tried hard to make good voices... but we are so used to say "japanese voices are better" that even if the japanese dub was horrible we would say it is better than english (probably because most of us would not understand a thing)

Carnivean

STARMAN
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dukemagus said:
so... it still have the messed up sounds? like the main character saying "rune factory" when he level up?!

there is some other errors, but i do not remember them now... probabley there are some tips in the RF3 topic

by the way, what "moko" sounds are you talking about?

EDIT: how did "sensei" (master/teacher/professor) became guinea pig?!

The messed up sounds were because it was just a swapped sounds_data.sdat, this is a completely restructured one to match the US file list.

"Moko" are the sounds when he is a sheep. I have been told in the Japanese verison it has its own battle noises, in the US version it does not (and I couldn't even find them within the japanese sound_data.sdat anyway so...).

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I'm kinda glad I started recording my playthrough on YouTube with the English Dub. Had I started with the Japanese Dub, my rom would have become out-dated.
ohnoes.png

EDIT: .. Anyways, glad to see it was finished. I'll be sure to play this on my free, non-recording time. c:

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Sirfist's undub, is this any better? so far, everything sounds fine on his undub, but i'd prefer a perfectly synced version :X

Carnivean

STARMAN
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
KAge56 said:
I'm using Sirfist's undub, is this any better? so far, everything sounds fine on his undub, but i'd prefer a perfectly synced version :X
I am SirFist, there is no way to get it any more synched short of manually redoing scripts.

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carnivean said:
KAge56 said:
I am SirFist, there is no way to get it any more synched short of manually redoing scripts.
oh... thanks for the awesome undub then!

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am so used to listening anime girl sounds (japanese girls speaking in "cute" speeches)..its like they are born with those voices...

then whenever i listens to English VA girls doing those squeaky voice, i almost spit out my drink everytime i hear it.

freehand02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well I got to admit, in all of the three rune factories, RF 3 has the best english dub than the other two....
well that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in the undubbed version of this game....
I'm also looking forward for hearing this undub, but for now Ill stick with the clean english rom..

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Lol the comparison to the girl in red hair was ROFL!

Japanese Voice: Ohayo
English Voice: Hey
Japanese Voice: Konichiwa
Japanese Voice: Konbanwa

And damn the voices sounds like my GPS in the car! Undub

Lemski07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ive tried the undub but there are some circumstances that the text and the sound/music/speech arent mached together but if that does not bug you at all the undub was great with English text (Ive tried to play it before (J) and it confuses me alot).
hate2.gif
unsure.gif

freehand02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkStriker said:
Lol the comparison to the girl in red hair was ROFL!

Japanese Voice: Ohayo
Japanese Voice: Konichiwa
Japanese Voice: Konbanwa

And damn the voices sounds like my GPS in the car! Undub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol