ROM Hack Rune Factory 2: Undub

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you change the path in the cmd prompt to C:\run2 by typing in cd c:\run2 before executing the line of text to patch the game? When you ran that you probably were not in the correct path by typing in cd c:\run2 . It only searches the specified folder that your in for the files.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you change the path in the cmd prompt to C:\run2 by typing in cd c:\run2 before executing the line of text to patch the game? When you ran that you probably were not in the correct path by typing in cd c:\run2 . It only searches the specified folder that your in for the files.

freehand02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh thanks a lot you guys...
I finally found the problem...
When I extracted the run2 folder into the C:\ I forgot to paste the rune2.nds into it...
The one that I have been looking all along was the run2 folder in my desktop and not in the C:\...

wacko.gif
sorry about that...

Enerccio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I am necroposting, but did anyone found a way how to make this undub working for DSTT with YSmenu.

I am getting problem with after clicking on New Game (or any other menu options), it will freeze.
I tried both patch which was made here or I even extracted and replaced sdat file myself, both same results.

Thanks in advance

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Enerccio said:
Sorry if I am necroposting, but did anyone found a way how to make this undub working for DSTT with YSmenu.

I am getting problem with after clicking on New Game (or any other menu options), it will freeze.
I tried both patch which was made here or I even extracted and replaced sdat file myself, both same results.

Thanks in advance
I have the same problem. Everything was fine while I was using the 1.18 firmware for my R4, but when I started using YSMenu the game just freezes when I try to select New Game or Continue.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yeah, now that i have a DSTT, i see that undub the game give 2 freeze screens.
This problem is really weird, and need to be fixed with a firmware update, find a way to patch the game after been undubed, or find another way to undub it.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
TyRaNtM said:
Yeah, now that i have a DSTT, i see that undub the game give 2 freeze screens.
This problem is really weird, and need to be fixed with a firmware update, find a way to patch the game after been undubed, or find another way to undub it.
I'll try undubbing the game manually. Maybe it won't freeze this time. : /

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yeah, epic bump...I know.

Jump Ultimate Stars also had some problems with the DSTT and YSMenu, but someone found a way to make it work.

MANUALLY:
-Grab a clean RF2 rom and patch it. (But, you need another clean rom).
-Grab NDSTool or DSLazy or DSBuff or something to extract the files from the rom.
-Extract all the files from both patched and unpatched roms.
(And here's the marvelous trick)
-Inside the unpacked roms there should be 6 .bin files and two folders. Copy those two folders (from the patched romfolder) to the clean romfolder. YOU ONLY NEED THE FOLDERS, not the .bin files outside thos folders (arm9.bin, header.bin, DOESN'T NEED TO BE REPLACED).
-Repack the rom (the cleanrom folder with the two replaced folders) and you are ready to go!

I'm packing the rom as I type this so I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT: *sigh* It still doesn't work. I get two white screens when I finish loading the rom.

MoloMowChow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for necroing, but I'm encountering a problem with using this.

The readme tells me to type in C:\run2, but everytime I do that it gives me a message saying "c:\run2 is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help on this one?

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
repacking the ROM will bring you a white screen of death .

-----

well i just tried something on this game, and most likely, the jpn and us version.

copy jpn dub --> eng = works
copy jpn amv --> eng = fail (wont play)

my findings

copy scripts eng--> jpn = works (side effects are, that the ui displays garble texts. might be the font)
copy eng .ntfr --> jpn = hang on new game (but will display the menus and such in correct manner if you load your game)

-----

more findings,,,

needs to resync the japanese dub part(prologue) when you choose new game. its offsync. needs re-timing

------

i hope someone take care of this mess..
biggrin.gif
(hackers calling up)

BiGnIcK_54g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway to get the patch reuploaded since megaupload is dead? forgive my bumping i just cant stand the dubs for the game. btw is this the right thread?

GozetaGX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bump again...Can you guys re-upload the patch link and fixed the problem of can't play Rune Factory 2 Undub version on R4 ~3~?

y0na

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello I want the New Patch of the Rune Factory 2 ENG [JP voices] please. the Old links are blocked and none

Tokido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game only works if you undub with Nitro Explorer, (in DSTT the rom doesn't work).
I think that also we need to use other files of the japanese rom.

Does someone has the patch? becauses mega is dead by now xD
None of the undubbed RF2 on the net seems to work on R4, so can anyone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse