Hacking Run Usb Loader GX inside Neek and enable "Nand Channels"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you can't access the Shop channel to buy or redownload bought content, there's no need to keep its content online.
Maybe the cdn for IOS will still be available, they didn't say anything about it, I made assumption they wanted to stop supporting the Wii completely.

wiinning

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. Now I am second guessing myself about ios60. I guess maybe it could have been a network error. In any case, the manual addition of that ios solved my compilation problems. I also could not get modmii to work. It was giving me generic network error messages for its download process. It was something like: "unable to connect to the internet". I tried turning my firewall off and the computer level. I shouldn't have a firewall setup at the router/modem level. I wonder if the isp filters specific things at the request of Nintendo. I think compiling neek2o was the hardest part of all of this. Why don't we have a pre-compiled version of that? I think I read because it has a dependency on closed source code.

This has been a fun (though at times very frustrating) experience. I sincerely appreciate all your help. You guys let me know if you want to start coding on this again. I have interest.
Are either of you involved in the wii u effort?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just by curiosity, you didn't add any filtering in your router or use any DNS to filter nintendo's servers to prevent a WiiU update?
because if you blocked the nintendo's servers that could be why you couldn't download the IOS60 from it.

You are right, we can't share a pre-compiled version of neek, because it's based on nintendo's copyrighted IOS60.
that file is patched and used to redirect NAND redirection.
It could be like providing a cIOS60

I didn't code anything for the WiiU.
Fix94 and Dimok made almost all of the hacks (not all, there are other users, but they made it available easily to the users. not forgetting Smealum too, he started the IOSU hack)
Fix94 is still active and currently releasing new hacks to allow WiiU CPU speed in vWii mode, playing Wii and gamecube games with the wiiU gamepad, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head