Run n64 vc in 16:9? vwii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by IpsoFact0, Jan 8, 2017.

1. IpsoFact0
    OP

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    Is there any way to do this? i didnt realize the vwii vc ran in 4:3

shoulda stuck with my wii...

2. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Through the USB Loader GX it is possible but I don't use USB Loader GX, try installing the "Homebrew Channel 16:9" if the first not fixed it.

3. CatmanFan

CatmanFan How do I discover a DSi exploit?

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    AT MY HOUSE
    Not a big solution here, but HBL2HBC can provide booting directly into any channel installed on the vWii menu, including the Homebrew Channel. Also, since it boots directly into a channel, the aspect ratio is always 16:9 because it is the System Menu that handles aspect ratio, and with HBL2HBC skipping it, the aspect ratio will remain 16:9 when you boot into a Virtual Console channel. However, since exiting it kicks you into the vWii menu and not the Wii U menu, any channel that you will boot into from now on will have the aspect ratio handled by the System Menu when possible.

Last edited by CatmanFan, Jan 9, 2017
    WiisleyU likes this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I guess use wiiflow master mod? Loading it as a forwarder channel makes it in 16:9 and so will homebrew channel even if is unpatched to 4:3. I think the issue is the title id for the installed software force system to changethe screen, although i'm not 100% positive, is just what i remember when i had homebew channel installed and got wii u system update it happened.