run iso problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rakotok, Mar 25, 2007.

1. rakotok
    OP

rakotok Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi all! Sorry for noobish ?. I read forum, but do not found anything.

I installed Chiip into my PAL Wii, indication is fine - status led light constantly. Iso's size is 4.699.979.776 bytes - that means, what i can just burn the disk. I have a lot of Verbatim-R-16x and +R. I trided to burn at different speed (4x, 16x), but my Wii don't see that disks. I trided with:
    Teenage.Mutant.Ninja.Turtles.PAL.Wii-Allstars [PAL/Action/2007]
    Rapala Tournament Fishing PAL Wii-WiiD [PAL/sports/2007]
    Sonic And The Secret Rings PAL Wii-WiiERD [PAL/Action/2007]

Please, help me, i spend a lot of time mading the Chiip and installing it into my wii, your are my last hope!!!!!

p.s. sorry for my bad english, i studed it myself, played Final Fantasy Tactics at PS1 ))

2. corbs132

corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 19, 2004
    United States
    you learned english from playing a ps game?

3. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    If he did it this way it's the coolest way to learn english I've ever heard. [​IMG]

@rakotok
    First of all you should check the quality of the burn. To do this you can use a programm like dvdinfo.
    If the quality is good you could try to flash the openWii-firmware to your Chiip.

Btw. does the LED flash before it lights constantly? Because if it doesn't there is something wrong.

4. mikeosoft

mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2004
    United States
    Just use your originals. Problem solved...

but any led flash/ flicker is a bad thing, make sure the led is lit at all times, also what burn software are you using, i suggest Nero, never gave me a problem.

5. rakotok
    OP

rakotok Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    Serbia, Republic of
    Well, when i programmed the chiip in LPT, the LED began blinking. In Wii LED is lit constantly only if Wii use a DVD-drive - mean, without a disk, LED is dead. I trided NERO and IsoBurn.

Slowking, thnx, i'll try to check the quality of burned disk. If it won't work, i'll use openWii-firmware (no need to rebuild the programmer/chiip, right???).

p.s. yes, i played many games - it's really good source of knowledge [​IMG]

6. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    No no need to build a new programmer or something. Just use the programmer you have and the command-line on the chiip-homepage, but with the openWii firmware.

If the disc-quality isn't good a firmwareupdate for your burner could help.

7. plexo

plexo GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2007
    UK
    rakotok, you deserve a medal for learning english that way, u type english pretty well considering hehe

8. stingfist

stingfist Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2006
    I learned English mainly playing Monkey Island in the old times [​IMG]

Try different isos, or try the OpenWii, good luck!

9. rakotok
    OP

rakotok Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    Serbia, Republic of
    Oh, guys, it's alive. Yeah'ha!!!!
    I programmed my Chiip with OpenWii 1.3 and it works pretty good. But not all my isos. At now i try to burn iso with 2x. I alredy played Sonic and TMNT.

Big thanx to all, who helped me!!! See u!

p.s. now, i have more lessons to teach [​IMG]

p.p.s. specially thnx to &Slowking: your recomendation's good [​IMG]

10. Louse76

Louse76 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    Deltona, FL USA
    Burn at 2.4x, and if necessary, try different discs and/or a different burner.

My media works perfectly at 2.4x, sometimes at 4x, and prefers one burner over another for Wii compatibility.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice