Hacking Run backups from SDHC or USB Flash Drive on 4.3u?

riariases

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a USB HDD, and it seems like every accessible backup launcher compatible with 4.3u requires a USB HDD for storing games.

All I have to work with is an 8GB Kingston SDHC and a 4GB SanDisk Cruzer.

Can anybody point me towards a tutorial that will show me how to run backups off SD cards or USB flash drives?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Whoops, thought you were looking for a GC solution http://gbatemp.net/t...dios-mios-lite/

I think quite a few of the loaders have a disc-loading option though. I know Neogamma does and USB Loader GX does. But it depends on whether or not your Wii DVD drive can read backup discs as every new one can't (I think from around 2009 and up? Or something)

riariases

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick answer, and you actually brought up another question of mine, which I'll get to.

No, my Wii is too new, so it can't read DVD's whatsoever. I wanted to solely run backups from an SD card or a USB flash drive. Are there any backup launchers that can do that?

Now for my other question, I have NeoGamma and it lets me play SOME Gamecube backups, but they mostly have issues. XD Gale of Darkness won't start up at all (it boots with a green screen and then goes black and freezes), and Wind Waker has this problem where at the cutscene with Ganondorf at the Forsaken Fortress, the sound cuts off, and then once the screen goes dark from the cutscene ending after Link gets picked up from the sea by the Lion boat, it stays dark and freezes. Has anybody else had problems with NeoGamma when launching Gamecube backups (DML's I think they're called).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters