Gaming Rumours of New Update With SMG2

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Yeeey! Another speculation rumor thread!
biggrin.gif
Lemme just dig up my 2 cents...

I think nintendo will win on this one. I think that SMG2 will start by checking whether both the firmware version is 4.2 (and update if needed). It'll do a check whether all cIOS'es are stubs. The disc will have NCA protection (or whatever that one from NSMBWii was called), contain very strict regional codes that insta-brick any wii out of region and will contain about a dozen different alt dols that are called at the start of each level, and everytime a player touches a button. Every two minutes it'll check a random IOS for the trucha bug, and auto-pause the game and fix it if it finds it. It'll also do a check for the presence of bootmii, preloader and priiloader, as well as a \apps folder on the SD card.
Furthermore, it'll also be the first wii game with an online serial key you're required to enter if you want to play online, and after entering the first time, it'll show you your wii ngID and MAC address, which you're required to mail to some address from nintendo itself. Only after entering the return mail (and agreeing that in case your key is ever found NOT in your possession, they're allowed to sue the pants off you) you can start to play the game.

That's all assuming no trace of piracy is detected, of course. If there is, it will uninstall bootmii, preloader/priiloader, wipe out the contents of the SD-cards and any USB drives attached, and then uninstall each and every IOS and cIOS. Just before restarting your wii in brick-modus, it'll display the following message: "I DARE you to try to send us back your wii, you f****ING pirate! We'll bill you a ridiculous idiot-fee and send you back a new "say goodbye to backup discs"- wii. Oh, and we'll transfer your address and social security number to microsoft and sony, so good luck script-kiddying THEIR consoles.
evil.gif
"

Sneek, however, will load SMG2 perfectly fine.

No worries, i just emailed all of this to Nintendo

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wever said:
Yeeey! Another speculation rumor thread!
biggrin.gif
Lemme just dig up my 2 cents...

I think nintendo will win on this one. I think that SMG2 will start by checking whether both the firmware version is 4.2 (and update if needed). It'll do a check whether all cIOS'es are stubs. The disc will have NCA protection (or whatever that one from NSMBWii was called), contain very strict regional codes that insta-brick any wii out of region and will contain about a dozen different alt dols that are called at the start of each level, and everytime a player touches a button. Every two minutes it'll check a random IOS for the trucha bug, and auto-pause the game and fix it if it finds it. It'll also do a check for the presence of bootmii, preloader and priiloader, as well as a \apps folder on the SD card.
Furthermore, it'll also be the first wii game with an online serial key you're required to enter if you want to play online, and after entering the first time, it'll show you your wii ngID and MAC address, which you're required to mail to some address from nintendo itself. Only after entering the return mail (and agreeing that in case your key is ever found NOT in your possession, they're allowed to sue the pants off you) you can start to play the game.

That's all assuming no trace of piracy is detected, of course. If there is, it will uninstall bootmii, preloader/priiloader, wipe out the contents of the SD-cards and any USB drives attached, and then uninstall each and every IOS and cIOS. Just before restarting your wii in brick-modus, it'll display the following message: "I DARE you to try to send us back your wii, you f****ING pirate! We'll bill you a ridiculous idiot-fee and send you back a new "say goodbye to backup discs"- wii. Oh, and we'll transfer your address and social security number to microsoft and sony, so good luck script-kiddying THEIR consoles.
evil.gif
"

Sneek, however, will load SMG2 perfectly fine.

haha nice one, you forgot one thing though, if nintendo found out you hacked their console oops I mean your console they will prosecute, with a 50 yr sentence, and a £10M fine which your family and relatives have to pay.

rofl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
there won't be a NEW update they never add an update in a game before 1st releasing it through their updater. there will however be heavy resistance you can expect something like nsmb or something worse. but don't worry just don't download it when it's 1st released give it a few days maybe a week later NO problem!
smileipb2.png

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how the OP acts as if he's frustrated and sees how completely irrational and stupid the "rumors" of completely hypothetical assumptions are, and at the same time makes a thread solely to be filled with aforementioned dumbass hypothetical evidence-less scenarios.

Bravo!

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
rizzod said:
of course im going to buy it, but i would like it to work on my Softmodded Wii/Usb Loader

Indeed, I would also like the game to work on my WODE, becuase Disc loading isn't as great as USB loading. If it doesn't work via USB for a couple of days, thats no big deal. The people that will be going crazy are probably those that haven't bought the game.
lecture.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OzModChips said:
The people that will be going crazy are probably those that haven't bought the game.
lecture.gif
except you missed out the part the damn thing doesnt get released here till nearly 3 weeks later so yeah i will be downloading it thank you.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
Am I the only person who didn't like SMG?
I mean, Mario in space?
What next, Link on a train?

yes there is link on a train for the ds but yea smg is cool to me very fun something new from something old.
mario is always going to other worlds right well now he really is

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
oh please, there's nothing Nintendo can do. Nothing. It will only slow the community down for a day or so. Don't worry about it, bypassed within a day for sure

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Social0 said:
oh please, there's nothing Nintendo can do. Nothing. It will only slow the community down for a day or so. Don't worry about it, bypassed within a day for sure

Yea when the game comes out your see in big red letters DO NOT UPDATE wait for patch. Its always like that the war between the company and the homebrew user

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy it, but I wouldn't like to update to render my homebrew useless.

It'll probably just need some IOS and off we go!
Of course, USB loading people would have trouble with the AP nintendo is going to put in.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, we're long overdue any Wii System Update and I wouldn't be surprised if instead of a 4.3 being released we got a 5.0 sometime in the coming months (it's E3 next month, who knows what Ninty will announce Wii-wise).

Either way I would suspect that each of the blockbuster titles being released from Summer onwards (therefore SMG2 US and Japan might not) would include the new update. Zelda Wii will definitely have it on. In fact given that the Vitality Sensor is out soon there will probably be an new IOS needed for that hence an update.

As for AP, they've been cracking down a fair bit on DS games so I would assume they would do the same for the Wii.

Just out of interest here is what I think 4.3 or 5.0 will have:
4.3 - new IOS(es) for Vitality Sensor, homebrew removal, general bug fixes

5.0 - new IOS(es) for Vitality Sensor + any as-of-yet unannounced peripherals (Wii MotionPlus ExtraSensitive
rolleyes.gif
), mass homebrew removal, bug fixes, Mii Channel update for customisation, USB Menu, partial abolition of Friend Codes and introduction of global Nintendo IDs.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frogmyster3 said:
To be honest, we're long overdue any Wii System Update and I wouldn't be surprised if instead of a 4.3 being released we got a 5.0 sometime in the coming months (it's E3 next month, who knows what Ninty will announce Wii-wise).

Either way I would suspect that each of the blockbuster titles being released from Summer onwards (therefore SMG2 US and Japan might not) would include the new update. Zelda Wii will definitely have it on. In fact given that the Vitality Sensor is out soon there will probably be an new IOS needed for that hence an update.

As for AP, they've been cracking down a fair bit on DS games so I would assume they would do the same for the Wii.

Just out of interest here is what I think 4.3 or 5.0 will have:
4.3 - new IOS(es) for Vitality Sensor, homebrew removal, general bug fixes

5.0 - new IOS(es) for Vitality Sensor + any as-of-yet unannounced peripherals (Wii MotionPlus ExtraSensitive
rolleyes.gif
), mass homebrew removal, bug fixes, Mii Channel update for customisation, USB Menu, partial abolition of Friend Codes and introduction of global Nintendo IDs.

lol sorry!!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards