Gaming Rumours of New Update With SMG2

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, Rumours are swirling that When SMG2 is released Ninty are going to install Updates on the Disc once again to prevent Homebrew.
Will they finally stump us you think?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rizzod said:
So, Rumours are swirling that When SMG2 is released Ninty are going to install Updates on the Disc once again to prevent Homebrew.
Will they finally stump us you think?

I too am quite sure there's going to be an update.
But I'm also quite sure we'll hack it again, it's always a matter of time.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
like with NSMB... it was taken down because it "didnt work" (and also nintendo) but all was fine with minimal work... so, who knows these days

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the game will probably leak like the first one, and it will be hack some weeks before the release.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally think they have given up ...

And untill now every game can be played without updates one way or the other, so I'm not that worried either
wink.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeeey! Another speculation rumor thread!
biggrin.gif
Lemme just dig up my 2 cents...

I think nintendo will win on this one. I think that SMG2 will start by checking whether both the firmware version is 4.2 (and update if needed). It'll do a check whether all cIOS'es are stubs. The disc will have NCA protection (or whatever that one from NSMBWii was called), contain very strict regional codes that insta-brick any wii out of region and will contain about a dozen different alt dols that are called at the start of each level, and everytime a player touches a button. Every two minutes it'll check a random IOS for the trucha bug, and auto-pause the game and fix it if it finds it. It'll also do a check for the presence of bootmii, preloader and priiloader, as well as a \apps folder on the SD card.
Furthermore, it'll also be the first wii game with an online serial key you're required to enter if you want to play online, and after entering the first time, it'll show you your wii ngID and MAC address, which you're required to mail to some address from nintendo itself. Only after entering the return mail (and agreeing that in case your key is ever found NOT in your possession, they're allowed to sue the pants off you) you can start to play the game.

That's all assuming no trace of piracy is detected, of course. If there is, it will uninstall bootmii, preloader/priiloader, wipe out the contents of the SD-cards and any USB drives attached, and then uninstall each and every IOS and cIOS. Just before restarting your wii in brick-modus, it'll display the following message: "I DARE you to try to send us back your wii, you f****ING pirate! We'll bill you a ridiculous idiot-fee and send you back a new "say goodbye to backup discs"- wii. Oh, and we'll transfer your address and social security number to microsoft and sony, so good luck script-kiddying THEIR consoles.
evil.gif
"

Sneek, however, will load SMG2 perfectly fine.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wever said:
biggrin.gif
*snip^*

I lol'd hard at the end
rofl2.gif

But I don't think they will send the infos so Microsoft and Sony, they don't them to make money now do they ?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3 will be an update that will purposely brick your wii by modifying the power supply to intake enough volts to fry the hardware. Nintendo will kamikaze and take everyone down with them
wink.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
biggrin.gif

*Scary Ideas*
evil.gif
"

You better take that down unless Nintendo gets a hold of it...
ohmy.gif

OMGLX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm new to this Wii "piracy" thing (been a PC pirate for years now) and I dig being able to play backups on my soft-modded Wii.

I'm curious though. Because even though I could pirate it, I still want to physically purchase and own SMG2. What was the case for NSMB2? If you played from a legit disc, would it effectively bork all other homebrew functionality?

There's a way to decline the updates and play the game that is trying to force it onto your system anyways, no?

Joktan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my thought is 4.3 should install a hiddin wifi code that when you go online and your wii is hacked it blocks your mac address from ever going online.and deletes everything off your wii.they say they can not refund wiiware that you bought if your wii crashes.so they wont need to refund it unless some one can prove it.which would be a hacker so they would just sue the hacker back..lol

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They reason Nintendo or any other company hasn't done anything like that is because they cant.

If they brick your console and you dont have any kinds of mods they would have to fix it.
but the most i believe they will do is add a check to the game that wont let you play it unless your on a higher firmware that blocks the homebrew.

but you know with anything give it time and you have a loop hole

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys have to remember that they would probably also like the original DVD to work

If they do all these crazy checks then they are forcing softmodders to copy the game, im sure they will try something to make sure the original version will works!

sif you wouldn't buy it anyway, SMG was the best game I have played on the Wii, and $50 USD is peanuts to pay for hours an hours of entertainment

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rumors only. Just wait till the game is release. I have no worries about this right now b/c i have no interest in SMG2. I just came here b/c i saw firmware update. If it is true then future games will also require the update right?

D

Deleted-171178

Am I the only person who didn't like SMG?
I mean, Mario in space?
What next, Link on a train?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.