[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well a 3ds VC wouldnt be bad or a ds one tbh, but i woul rather have gc VC anyday since all ds an 3ds games run just fine on my new3ds.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we need is some HD collection of games, and not cost more than $40. I mean they have 2 HD ports on wii u already, just make like maybe 2 more (the Nintendo 64 games) and add it to the compilation. That be two 3DS ports I would wanna see on Switch. Shoot even maybe do a sequel to the 4 sword adventures, either with 4 switches or single console (with option for 3DS) Got to point out how Super smash bros on wii u is one of the only games that even has 3DS in between functionality while many games on Gamecube had GBA compatibility :unsure:

Or better yet, why not just make a 3DS TV system like you did with Super gameboy or gameboy player. :ninja:

Reactions: bennyman123abc

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A HD Zelda collection in one or two titles would be great. Though unlikely I'd love to see Majoras Mask 3D and Ocarina 3D be upscaled, have their textures improved and be apart of a collection with Link Between Worlds.

Seems unlikely though.

Reactions: misterdarvus

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand having the Wii u ports to switch (there were a lot of great games that so many people missed out on), but 3ds ports/remasters now? Really Nintendo? IIRC the 3ds sold well over 50m units in it's lifetime, so plenty of people got their chance to play it. I'm really hoping this is for virtual console tbh. Also, wind waker hd for switch please!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why? It's so new and tons of people got a 3DS. So I don't see the point.
I'm thinking the same thing. But then again, wind waker HD set the bar pretty low as far as remasters go.

Audience: why would people want a remake of wind waker? Tons of people got a gamecube or wii to play it.
Nintendo: here's the remake. It has 0.1% new content and looks 2% better! :D
Audience: OVER HERE! OVER HERE!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

(edit: I've gotta be honest: I would be interested in this. :shy: )

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking the same thing. But then again, wind waker HD set the bar pretty low as far as remasters go.

Audience: why would people want a remake of wind waker? Tons of people got a gamecube or wii to play it.
Nintendo: here's the remake. It has 0.1% new content and looks 2% better! :D
Audience: OVER HERE! OVER HERE!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

(edit: I've gotta be honest: I would be interested in this. :shy: )
Yo let's be fair here. Wind Waker HD is the game none of us knew we wanted until it dropped. Without looking at WWHD, Wind Waker looked absolutely fine. But holy wow did they polish it nicely. If anything, I'd say Twilight Princess HD was the game that only looked slightly better; and TPHD was the one that got people complaining lol. That said, they still improved it nicely. I've never really felt underwhelmed by a Zelda remaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)