[RUMOUR] YouTube coming to the Switch?

upload_2018-11-3_13-0-12.png

For those on the latest firmware, the Switch has little to offer in terms of multimedia entertainment. Currently limited to just the Hulu app (and the niconico app on the Japanese eShop), things may be about to change if Nintendo enthusiast NintendoHOME is to be believed. Claiming to have seen a notification of the app's arrival for the 8th of November, it spells hope for those wanting more than just a games system.

This should be taken with a reasonable degree of uncertainty, with images easy to fake and myself not being able to locate any further information. You can check out the translated tweet below, and find the original via the source link.
❓ Rumour – The YouTube app is expected to arrive soon on Nintendo Switch, especially on November 8th if you believe the Nintendo America website.
Do you think it's real? Are you still waiting for Netflix before updating your Switch? Let us know below!

:arrow: Source

Edit 11/06/2019

Google created a feedback page for youtube Nintendo switch
Check out : https://www.youtube.com/switch_feed...ko7m5t_27-HCa9bpFkMytel-bbSao0F6Unr__WrCyPNUI

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-3_13-2-26.png
    upload_2018-11-3_13-2-26.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by ,

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I dunno about this one.

I'd love for YouTube to be on Switch, but something like this is extremely easy to fake with Inspect Element. The fact that there's no price either (Nintendo lists free games with a $0.00 price) also makes me a bit suspicious.

We'll see on Thursday, but I'm not very convinced.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That make alot of sense.
What's with you?
this is how all of them do it (with exceptions) which is so annoying. I'm assuming it's to increase revenue while reducing confusion. but video streaming is a different kind of beast so can fall outside of the "requires game servers" rule.
I was only responding to the fact that he said NIntendo only charges for apps/games which utilize their servers, which is not the case. No, YouTube won't require a subscription because that is too stupid for even Nintendo to do. It may require a Nintendo Account as all other internet services on the Switch require, but not an NSO subscription.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Before I went to bed last night, this idea popped in my head: YouTube Switch was delayed so Google and Nintendo could implement an "Upload to YouTube" feature like the Wii U had but for the Album and specific software which utilize the feature.

Hmmm I dunno about this one.

I'd love for YouTube to be on Switch, but something like this is extremely easy to fake with Inspect Element. The fact that there's no price either (Nintendo lists free games with a $0.00 price) also makes me a bit suspicious.

We'll see on Thursday, but I'm not very convinced.
Actually, 99% sure in Recommended free games don't show any price at all.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ofcourse it's a ***king rumour again... Just the word 'rumour' makes me kinda want to... "GRRRRRR". Maybe it's just me, but I don' t believe anything these days until companies themselves confirmes them.

We need more than 30 second recording limit. The PS4 has 15 minutes! Come the f..k on...

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo made the Switch as a gaming machine first and foremost. The flat out told everyone this fact. Crying over spilled milk won't solve jack. If you want YT, Netflix, etc. use another device until, if ever, they decide to add the options. Would it be nice to play my own movies on it? Yes. Do I care that much about it though? No. I'm actually surprised they releases a Hulu app period.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ExploitTnT Shadów and I have managed to find solid proof that the rumour is real.

If you don't believe the images go to: www.youtube.com/tv, go to inspect element, go on sources, go on the s/tv/html5, e59745a7, and click on the app-prod.js and search "Nintendo Switch" (for the first screenshot).

And yts/jsbin..., tv-player.js and search "Nintendo Switch" (for the second screenshot).

Without quotations obviously.

Look forward to Thursday guys :D

Attachments

• YouTube for Switch 1.png
    YouTube for Switch 1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 280
  • YouTube for Switch 2.png
    YouTube for Switch 2.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by Essasetic,

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ExploitTnT Shadów and I have managed to find solid proof that the rumour is real.

If you don't believe the images go to: [link], go to inspect element, go on sources, go on the yts/jsbin section and search "Nintendo Switch".

Hmmm now that is a bit more interesting and solid than the NoA site listing. Maybe this is a legit rumor after all... :unsure:

EDIT: Tested the feedback link in the first image. It works. Fills in the proper blanks for Switch.

Last edited by NebulousNeon,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo made the Switch as a gaming machine first and foremost. The flat out told everyone this fact. Crying over spilled milk won't solve jack. If you want YT, Netflix, etc. use another device until, if ever, they decide to add the options. Would it be nice to play my own movies on it? Yes. Do I care that much about it though? No. I'm actually surprised they releases a Hulu app period.
That's all cool, the Switch is a game console, however it's not like having YT or Netflix will negatively affect the console in any way, so why not? It will only increase the revenue of YouTube and Netflix. The only possible argument is that Nintendo may lose money because the more time people watch, the less they are playing and resultantly spending on microtransactions in games like Fortnite. However, this is already an issue for the already-released Hulu, and Nintendo doesn't seem to care too much, therefore it isn't a problem at all. That means there is no reason for these media apps not to come to the Switch. Interestingly enough, the leaked release date for YT Switch is November 8, 2018, whilst the release date for Hulu Switch was November 7, 2017. Maybe Hulu signed a 1 year exclusivity agreement with Nintendo, though it seems unlikely, but at this point there is no other explanation for the absence of these apps on the Switch for the past year and a half.

If you don't believe the images go to: www.youtube.com/tv, go to inspect element, go on sources, go on the s/tv/html5, e59745a7, and click on the app-prod.js and search "Nintendo Switch" (for the first screenshot).

And yts/jsbin..., tv-player.js and search "Nintendo Switch" (for the second screenshot).

Without quotations obviously.

Look forward to Thursday guys :D
Yep, it is coming

First screenshot code specifically refers to this page (in picture 1) , which displays which site to go to depending on the platform. YouTube would not create (and publish) a site for the Switch if it was not coming. Strangely enough, http://youtube.com/switch_help does not exist.

Second screenshot code is the dead giveaway

("nintendo switch")&&(c=!window.matchMedia("screen and (max-height: 720px) and (min-resolution: 200dpi)").matches,this.tb("nxdock",""+ +c));this.g.Ga&&"auto"==this.g.Ga.video.quality&&this.R("internalvideoformatchange"

SwitchYTFeedback.PNG

Update: This seems interesting

SwitchYTInfo.PNG

Last edited by aykay55,
Reactions: Ep8Script

ExploitTnT

Devy | YT: DevRin | dev_settings
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That's all cool, the Switch is a game console, however it's not like having YT or Netflix will negatively affect the console in any way, so why not? It will only increase the revenue of YouTube and Netflix. The only possible argument is that Nintendo may lose money because the more time people watch, the less they are playing and resultantly spending on microtransactions in games like Fortnite. However, this is already an issue for the already-released Hulu, and Nintendo doesn't seem to care too much, therefore it isn't a problem at all. That means there is no reason for these media apps not to come to the Switch. Interestingly enough, the leaked release date for YT Switch is November 8, 2018, whilst the release date for Hulu Switch was November 7, 2017. Maybe Hulu signed a 1 year exclusivity agreement with Nintendo, though it seems unlikely, but at this point there is no other explanation for the absence of these apps on the Switch for the past year and a half.

Yep, it is coming

First screenshot code specifically refers to this page (in picture 1) , which displays which site to go to depending on the platform. YouTube would not create (and publish) a site for the Switch if it was not coming. Strangely enough, http://youtube.com/switch_help does not exist.

Second screenshot code is the dead giveaway

View attachment 148774

Update: This seems interesting

View attachment 148776
Its not Switch_help its https://youtube.com/switch_feedback

Arcadeguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they do such a nice Firmware-Update, they could also give as "Folder-Support" for the switch.
Would love to organize my Physical and eShop-Games and all those Emulators etc.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
If they do such a nice Firmware-Update, they could also give as "Folder-Support" for the switch.
Would love to organize my Physical and eShop-Games and all those Emulators etc.

Folders are not a bad idea, but Nintendo would never do it to please people with hacked switches :D

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with you?

I was only responding to the fact that he said NIntendo only charges for apps/games which utilize their servers, which is not the case. No, YouTube won't require a subscription because that is too stupid for even Nintendo to do. It may require a Nintendo Account as all other internet services on the Switch require, but not an NSO subscription.

Before I went to bed last night, this idea popped in my head: YouTube Switch was delayed so Google and Nintendo could implement an "Upload to YouTube" feature like the Wii U had but for the Album and specific software which utilize the feature.

Actually, 99% sure in Recommended free games don't show any price at all.
I would love that!

i think you can create a local account and you may not link it to your nnid if you choose..
You are correct.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying all last night for “http://youtube.com/switch_feedback” to show up, I could not. Right now the code is simply dormant and doesn’t do anything. I switched the user agent to NintendoBrowser 5.1 on multiple Switch firmwares with no luck. However, the mere existence of the code, specifically “nxdock”, is enough to imply that YouTube is coming to Switch at some point, and with this Nintendo leak, it seems that YouTube is indeed coming November 8th, exactly one year and one day after Hulu was released.

Last edited by aykay55,

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying all last night for “http://youtube.com/switch_feedback” to show up, I could not. Right now the code is simply dormant and doesn’t do anything. I switched the user agent to NintendoBrowser 5.1 on multiple Switch firmwares with no luck. However, the mere existence of the code, specifically “nxdock”, is enough to imply that YouTube is coming to Switch at some point, and with this Nintendo leak, it seems that YouTube is indeed coming November 8th, exactly one year after Hulu was released (subtract one day).
Switch_feedback.png

Works fine for me, try clicking here for the link.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
YouTube should of been on the switch from the start, it's basic these days.
So you mean they should have delayed the launch just so YouTube could be on there from day 1?
That doesn't make sense to me. It would be nice to have YouTube on there, but it's a game console, it'll come when it comes and in the meantime I'll just play games on it.

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm hoping that they support YT Premium features, like downloading videos for watching them later, because that would actually be useful, but the fact that the app seems to be the same expereince you get on Android TVs, other consoles and youtube.com/leanback makes me seriously doubt that. If it doesn't include premium features this app will have little to no use for me.

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that they support YT Premium features, like downloading videos for watching them later, because that would actually be useful, but the fact that the app seems to be the same expereince you get on Android TVs, other consoles and youtube.com/leanback makes me seriously doubt that. If it doesn't include premium features this app will have little to no use for me.
I'm okay with that, but I don't purchase YouTube Red. I use a Chromebook modified to run Windows. I have now money, so I'd rather not pay for YouTube Red, but I understand it.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked the games and apps available today.

YouTube is nowhere to be seen.

Either it's a fake leak, or Nintendo was found out, and they're delaying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb