Rumour: Steve Jobs only has 6 weeks to live!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Frogman, Feb 17, 2011.

Feb 17, 2011
  1. Frogman
    OP

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    [​IMG]

If a tabloid report in the US is anything to go by, Apple CEO Steve Jobs may have just weeks to live.

Supermarket tabloid National Enquirer has published photos of who they claim is a very emaciated Jobs, saying that the man behind the iPod, iPhone and iPad is stricken "with pancreatic cancer and may have just six weeks to live".

The pictures were reportedly taken on February 8 and show Jobs looking "skeletal and sicker than has been previously admitted".

Jobs was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004 and had a subsequent liver transplant in late 2008.
    In 2009, he also travelled to Switzerland for treatments unavailable in the US.

Then, in a move that shocked the IT industry and fuelled speculation about his health, he went on a six-month sabbatical to recuperate.

These latest reports come days after he announced another medical leave from the computer company he co-founded in 1976.

The National Enquirer reports that Jobs' weight has dropped from a pre-cancer 175lb to 130lb now and that his thinning hair is a sign of the effects of advanced chemotherapy.

The paper also quotes Dr Gabe Mirkin, a physician, as saying that Jobs "is terminal".

"What you are seeing is extreme muscle wasting from calorie depravation, most likely caused by cancer. He definitely appears to be in the terminal stages of his life from these photos," the paper quotes Mirkin as saying[/p]

[​IMG] Source

Your own input here

2. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Pretty sure its fake. If not well..

[​IMG]

3. Hyperlisk_

Member Hyperlisk_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would never take The National Enquirer seriously.

4. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    I don't care how much you hate a person. That is not appropriate.

5. Wombo Combo

United States
    Who said I hated him, internet white knight?

6. nutella

Australia
    Not me. I stated that is doesn't matter if you do or you don't hate him. It is extremely disrespectful to mock the suffering of others. Period.

7. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Fake or not, expect Apple stocks to drop.

8. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I kinda agree about the "not a single fuck was given that day" comment. I feel for the guy and his family, but right now Im more worried about how much of a mess the world as a whole is becoming, and its not showing any signs of letting up. I fear for my future and the world that my 3 kids are gonna grow up in.

9. Wombo Combo

United States
    Not mocking I'm just expressing my opinion which is what forums are for. The fact if he lives or dies won't effect me and I could care less which is the same case he would feel if you or I died. I don't mourn people I don't know personally and I don't see how others do. So don't try to make it out I want him to die.

10. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Quoting The National Enquirer is about as good as quoting a crack pot with no knowledge of world events. It is nothing but a false rumor mill and nothing more. This can hardly be considered news.

11. nutella

Australia
    I'm not asking that you weep for him. I'm asking that you have decency and respect. I'm sorry, but I'm kinda edgy right now. One of my family members was given 24 hours to live yesterday so it's only fair that you keep your opinions to yourself.

12. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Well they were right when they said Michael Jackson only had six months to live, even if the circumstances were a little strange.
    Good luck to Steve Jobs. Don't particularly have an opinion on the man but cancer is awful.

Sent from my iPod.

13. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Would the enquirer stoop so low as to fool around about someone dying? I really wouldn't know, never read it so that is a genuine question

14. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    They'll make anything into a story if they can sell their paper. It commonly generates all kinda of false rumors about celebrities and other famous personas, along with tons of other false crap, as people just like to read it knowing it is fake. There are few boundaries on what gets published.

15. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    I know where you're at, and I so feel your pain. I've lost a family member AND a good mate in the past 2 months. It hurts bruv, but you can't ask people to stop their opinions, this is a forum and everyone has their right to an opinion.

16. nutella

Australia
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I really mean it. But even still, I've laid it out on the table. He doesn't have to take back what he said. All I'm saying is, it's common courtesy that he does.

17. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Dude, theres are thousands of people on here with thousands of probs. If everyone piped up everytime something touched a nerve, then the forums would be a much quieter place. All Wombo said is that he doesn't mourn people he doesn't know. Same as you, you feel my pain but you won't mourn my loss.

18. nutella

Australia
    No man, I get that. It's the image that's inappropriate.
    Again, sorry for the bitching.

19. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

EDIT: Nm too slow.

20. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Nah, its cool bro. I know you're going through a bad time. A quick word of advice though. There will be so many things in the world that will remind you of this family member, things that normally go over your head. Just accept the world as it is or you run the risk of becoming bitter abou the world and its inhabitants.