[Rumour] Retro's project, biggest 3D Mario and several NDirects?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by beta4attack, May 14, 2013.

1. beta4attack
    OP

beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    Coming from a user by the name of 100 Year Old Gamer (from IGN forums) has been sharing some minor predictions with users who ask questions. The user says that they work within Nintendo, but that can't really be confirmed. Although, their predictions in the past somehow turned to be true. Here are the bones the user threw:
    Do you think it's true? Discuss!

Source:
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/14/nintendo-e3-rumours-emerge/

EDIT: Coming from the same person:

ferofax likes this.

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Metroid Please God We're So Sorry We Don't Know What We Were Thinking Please Forgive Us Please Please Please (Or Metroid PGWSSWDKWWWTPFUPPP for short) or bust.

Then again, the Ice Climbers have been due for an edgy reboot...

ferofax, Silverthorn, geoflcl and 7 others like this.
  3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    First person futuristic? Could be either Star Fox or Metroid, I guess? Or something new entirely, but that's unlikely given the "something everyone wants them to do". Dunno about the rest, but being able to Kamehameha Mario off the screen would be interesting.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  4. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    Super Saiyan? ,not him (or any of them)
    but
    a dual-sword fighter (from a Namco Bandai game)
    would be better

5. rizzod

rizzod Not a New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    F-Zero?

6. beta4attack
    OP

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    F-Zero isn't first-person, afaik.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I want a gritty Mario FPS where Mario's a drug pusher, selling mushrooms and living a hallucination, killing "turtles" with his "fire flower" while wearing a "tanooki suit" where in reality, we are the turtles, withdrawing into our shells at the first sign of trouble, hiding our heads within the confines of the four walls of our houses pretending the outside world is perfectly fine, the fire flower being a flame thrower, a fire that purifies all corruption, the tanooki suit being a suit made of the skin of his victims... he used to be a carpenter after all... but then the economical crisis came... and everything changed.

A grim outlook on the condition of man where Mario simply wants to fix the plumbing of this world, a world where he is actually the unwanted clog everybody wants to push to the margins of society...

...Peach would totally be a prostitute - a fallen princess under complete control of Bowser the Pimp. :tpi:

geoflcl, nachoscool, GHANMI and 6 others like this.
  8. beta4attack
    OP

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    Oh my... That's just... That's... Beyond terrible! *dies* R.I.P. (aka Rest in Puke)

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    ...that's only because you never stopped for a moment and thought what the Mushroom Kingdom, its inhabitants, customs and items actually symbolize. :teach:

SYMBOLISM! :angry:

The Milkman likes this.
  10. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    oh :mellow: .... a new first person view Metroid made by Retro
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

11. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I hope for Metroid Prime 4... the good version.

Metroid Prime 2 and 3 turn out to be a bad dream (though 3 was better than 2, but still very very repetitive and pretty boring).

12. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    No way anyone really wants a first person Star Fox or F-Zero game, so unless they're doing a super twist with a futuristic Zelda game (varying degrees of do not want) it's gotta be another Metroid game, assuming there's any truth to the rumor in the first place.

Also if they actually put fucking Goku in Smash Bros I wouldn't even buy it used or pirate it. I'd go so far as to say I wouldn't even buy a Wii U but I can't pass up dat Wind Waker HD and SMTxFE.

13. beta4attack
    OP

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    Didn't Miyamato say that Retro is very busy for a Legend of Zelda game, anyway?

14. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Bigger and larger Mario than before?

I call SUPER MARIO SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM. Because...y'know...after bros->land->world->galaxy...there's only one way to go. B-)

A futuristic retro game that everyone wants them to do? To be fair, I'm hoping for a new franchise. It's not that I dislike metroid, but nintendo sure is busy recycling everything they ever produced.

I've already seen plenty of screenshots for this one. :P

Coto likes this.
  15. 2ndApex

2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    LOL People still pay attention anonymous "Nintendo employees"?

16. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I don't really believe this guy is who he says he is, but rumors...

I hope it's Metroid and a Dragon Ball character (probably Goku...)

Didn't Nintendo/Namco say that there would be around the same amount or less characters this time around though? I don't expect them to have more than like, 3 or 4 Namco characters featured in the game. It isn't like a Nintendo x Namco fighting game, it's just being developed in part by them.

And if anyone says "Goku wouldn't fit in this game!!" because of his techniques or whatever

Warning: Spoilers inside!

17. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    I'm a Nintendo employee
    and I can confirm that we are working in a new Mario game :ha:

ferofax and Ray Lewis like this.
  18. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    What does he gain? Attention? Starting talk for Nintendo? We all know exclusives either prove to be magic mushrooms again or it fails this time. 30 years, same formula (mostly), same exclusives? Metroid games are always great.

19. jacksprat1990

jacksprat1990 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Hope this is true. Nintendo's hardcore games are one of the very few things that keeps me into modern gaming.

20. ShadowSoldier
    This message by ShadowSoldier has been removed from public view by raulpica, May 14, 2013, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    May 14, 2013
  21. Lanlan

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    Giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, say he really does work for Nintendo. Do you really think random employees know about all of Nintendo's projects? I've heard stories about the secrecy that goes on there. Also I'm fairly certain only characters who originated in video games get in Smash Bros., think Sakurai said that.