(Rumour) PS4 Not Unduly Powerful Over Current Gen

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Sources are now spilling the beans on exactly what we can expect from Orbis, or the PlayStation 4, when it is arrives. For the most part it is about what we already knew, with no real surprises; and it looks to be a very smart decision for AMD.

If the tech specs are correct, the latest info has the PS4 showing the unit being built from what amounts to off-the-self parts. The unit will use the AMD A8-3850 APU and Radeon 7670 GPU. The AP-3850 APU is said to clock in at 2.9GHz and it will be a quad core chip, while the HD 7670 which will offer 1GB of RAM and while we have heard rumors of a projected clock speed, we would wait till we are closer to release before we predict what this will actually be.

As we told you previously, this selection does take back from the PC side, but there still a lot more questions than answers. Our contacts in the development community seem divided on what the box can actually deliver in terms of performance. According to one developer, “…we really don’t know how well the unit can perform, but so far it has been on par with the current generation.”

http://www.fudzilla....cs-get-detailed

Since the temp love its rumours, i thought this would be fun to post. Seems pretty much on par with the Wii U specs.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png
I knew it wouldnt be a HUGE leap from current gen consoles.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So if rumors are to be believed, the PS4 won't be much more powerful than the WiiU, because it has been hastily cobbled together from off-the-shelf parts to get an earlier release to meet the WiiU head on, and not be late to the game?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we post a rumor that the Wii U isn't that powerful and it's an outrage.

We post a rumor that the PS4 isn't that powerful and people don't think twice about or it actually agree.

It's good to see we're consistent.

Reactions: 4 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't see anyone saying that is true 100% no need to get upset

We've got one already, hook line and sinker!

Although I'm guessing it won't go much farther. Just felt like pointing out that the Wii U version of this got like almost 200 posts, and this one will probably never surmount to it.

Us Sony fanboys are very calm.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Although I'm guessing it won't go much farther. Just felt like pointing out that the Wii U version of this got like almost 200 posts, and this one will probably never surmount to it.

Wiiu one got 200 post because you were there

Reactions: 5 people

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if rumors are to be believed, the PS3 won't be much more powerful than the WiiU, because it has been hastily cobbled together from off-the-shelf parts to get an earlier release to meet the WiiU head on, and not be late to the game?
just as i've been saying all along and you mean ps4 not ps3 :P

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say that either PS4 or Wii U console being that much more powerful than current gen, games cost enough as it is to develop for. I reckon that Sony would prefer to keep the PS3 going for a few more years before releasing a new console but it seems like they're being forced to do something new.

720 or whatever it'll be called...well I can see that being a beast and Microsoft losing a lot on each console sold. However they could make that back on Xbox Live subscriptions. I even reckon they'll do a new low end 360 model later this year which has the Kinect built in to go for the "casual" crowd in a big way.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India

The funny part is i dont even know which thread you guys are talking about . :lol:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if rumors are to be believed, the PS3 won't be much more powerful than the WiiU, because it has been hastily cobbled together from off-the-shelf parts to get an earlier release to meet the WiiU head on, and not be late to the game?
just as i've been saying all along and you mean ps4 not ps3 :P

Wait, if the Wii U is more powerful than the current generation of consoles and the PS4 is more powerful than the Wii U, then what does that say about the PS4 in comparison to current gen consoles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol