[RUMOUR] PS4 backups already on torrent sites!?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30GB is nothing if you like me have a 200Mbit/s connection.

Of which only the rich and powerful have access to. 200 MBit connections aren't commonplace in the US unfortunately. Though my city is getting Google Fiber soon, so a 30 GB PS4 wouldn't be all the hard to download, I just don't have a PS4 yet. It's gonna be a long time, if ever, before we see "backups" running on the console.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seeing as the files are pkg I am going to assume they came from Sony's psn servers rather than a bluray disc. Still useless for now anyway
the .pkg is not from psn, it's now how sony is organizing their files on their game discs. instead of using folders and files like on PS3, it's a single big package containing the game's file.
Maybe because the games need to be installed on the internal HDD before playing?
Or is that auto-accessed/extracted when playing?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See
the .pkg is not from psn, it's now how sony is organizing their files on their game discs. instead of using folders and files like on PS3, it's a single big package containing the game's file.
Maybe because the games need to be installed on the internal HDD before playing?
Or is that auto-accessed/extracted when playing?

Not that I know much about it, just going by how I seen things on the ps3. I would assume the pkg gets installed on the ps4 when the bluray gets started but I'm sure starter people than I will be figuring that out

beundertaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont see anything happening with this anytime soon
It wont read burnt discs, only pressed like the ps3

these days people prefer the much faster Ethernet transfer option. but as everyone said this is a looooong way away. At least I'll be able to start a collection early :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse