[RUMOUR] PS4 backups already on torrent sites!?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, you heard me correctly.
It seems that PS4 backups has already surfaced on various torrent sites.
KillZone and Knack have been reported to be 37.4 GB and 39.3 GB as well as some other PS4 games.

They come in a single package file (eg. Killzone.pkg) and a RIF file for activating the content.

icon_xl.jpg

Battle field 4 and AC4 have also been spotted online.
Seems that the only thing left is a CFW for the pirates.
5rie.jpg

Source & more pictures: PS3crunch (PS4crunch this time)

Reactions: naved.islam14

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, if it's in straight BD format, it doesn't surprise me that you could just pop one of them into a BD-ROM drive and rip them. PLAYING those backups, on the other hand (or doing ANYTHING with them, including verifying that they're really legit/intact) is quite another story.

Reactions: Mario92

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do we have confirmation there are no hidden partitions or that raw LBA reads did not return again? If not/also what Maxternal said.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even if there are hidden partitions, wouldn't a proper dd on the entire disk copy that over too? But yeah, I also heard from someone else who tried a PS4 disk in his PC and it was completely readable. It's just that these dumps will be useless for a long, long time.

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with the above. Doing a raw dump of a disc really proves nothing. Assuming there not one of the countless fakes, I'm sure you can't just put these on your ps4s hard drive and play them. Or well, do anything at all with them.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can verify that 'certain' Blu-ray drives can read PS4 disc (assumingly the same ones that could read the PS3 discs), the Asus BW-12B1ST and Lite-On iHBS212 being examples (as I have them both).

I think it's pretty safe to say that Sony has learned a ton with the fiasco that came about with the PS3 scene and I have no doubt it will be quite some time before we see any usefulness to any of these backups.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont see anything happening with this anytime soon
It wont read burnt discs, only pressed like the ps3

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who cares about CFWs, the ultimate thing will be a wrapper for your home computer to run PS4 games. Both have the same underlying architecture, and who knows, you might end up being able to build an homemade PS4 just by buying an AMD Jaguar APU with a Radeon GPU.

That would be the next frontier of piracy - PIRATING THE CONSOLE ITSELF.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Who cares about CFWs, the ultimate thing will be a wrapper for your home computer to run PS4 games. Both have the same underlying architecture, and who knows, you might end up being able to build an homemade PS4 just by buying an AMD Jaguar APU with a Radeon GPU.

Thus dawns the age of cheap Chinese homemade clones

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I had thought emulation would be the next to take advantage of things stuck in PCI slots and FPGAs being programmed to be the thing from the original console but clearly I was not forward thinking enough.

Reactions: raulpica

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I had thought emulation would be the next to take advantage of things stuck in PCI slots and FPGAs being programmed to be the thing from the original console but clearly I was not forward thinking enough.
1. dump PS4 firmware
2. flash PC BIOS
3. ????
4. Profit !!!

(you're really making this harder than it has to be :tpi: )

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
37.5 GB

That will take a day and a fourth to download

What I want to see is the console being hacked so I can run emulators preferably Saturn and Dreamcast emulators.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow... they couldn't even wait for the launch? That's brutal (but not as brutal as the GBA SDK being leaked and subsequently the first emulator being released on launch week)

Just one (slightly off-topic) question: I presume the Wii U discs are physically Blu-Ray, for obvious economic reasons. How hard was ripping those, compared to a conventional BD disc? Was it as easy as with this case?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Meh, was to be expected. I mean, they are just BluRay discs after all. The real challenge is running backups on the PS4 lol.

Wow... they couldn't even wait for the launch? That's brutal (but not as brutal as the GBA SDK being leaked and subsequently the first emulator being released on launch week)

Just one (slightly off-topic) question: I presume the Wii U discs are physically Blu-Ray, for obvious economic reasons. How hard was ripping those, compared to a conventional BD disc? Was it as easy as with this case?
Err...this isn't all that much brutal, seeing how they're just BluRay Discs like PS3 games before it.

Wii U discs use their own format (Wii U Optical Disk is what they're officially called IIRC), though they're fairly similar to BluRay (being developed by Panasonic and all). No idea if they've been successfully ripped yet or not (I don't really keep up too much with the Wii U hacking scene"), but a quick search on various sites shows there aren't many reliable rips of any Wii U game out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*