ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black-victini-zekrom-movie1.jpg

POKEMON Movie is rumoured to hit US Theatres
The last one I remember to be in theatres was Pokemon 2000, so it's been 11 years since the last Pokemon Movie got into US theatres.
This is apparently CONFIRMED by NoA but I couldn't find the links so for now I'm posting this as a rumour

According to PokeJungle it will be available for 2 days only on it's initial release, it is unknown if it will be re-released at a later date for a longer time.

This may tie in with a Pokemon Event Distribution but currently no details are released about that.

I thought this was interesting...after all Pokemon hasn't seen a big-screen (theatre) title in 11 years.[/p]

PokeJungle said:
That’s right, you didn’t misread the title. POKEMON MOVIES ARE RETURNING TO THE BIG SCREEN!

As we previously reported in our last post, the official US site has revealed the official English names for the newest Pokemon movies, their names being Pokemon the Movie: Black – Victini and Reshiram and Pokemon the Movie: White – Victini and Zekrom. And as also previously reported, the antagonist will be called Damon and the region will keep the name of Eindoak.

However, for the first time in almost 10 years, a Pokemon movie will be shown in theaters across the US! On December 3rd and 4th, in over 300 theaters, White – Victini and Zekrom will be shown on the big screen! BUT only that movie will be playing on the 3rd and 4th. Don’t worry though, Black – Victini and Reshiram will be shown in the near future! (The press release literally says that White will be one of two movies debuting in December, and that lauch details for the other movie will be coming soon!)

icon11.gif
Source

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I definitely watched the Entei movie and the Celebi movie after 2000 in the US. Pretty sure there were some more released in the US in theaters but by that time I had lost interest in anything that wasn't the main Pokemon games.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, it don't matter if you're black or white, girl, but come on. Is this a movie that fans have been clamoring to see on the big screen?

Hell, how many fans does the television show still have?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@> ron975:

I dunno. I thought it was interesting because us theaters haven't accepted Pokemon movies (period) 10 years.

I'm not a fan of the movies, I lost interest in those 10 years ago after Pokemon 2000 but I couldn't believe my eyes seeing a Pokemon movie getting a theater release when the last theater movie for Pokemon was 10 years ago. (not dvd)

Maybe Theaters are using this to give Pkmn Co. a tiny chance at having future releases in theaters or something.

imho Pokemon movies are boooooring but there's news about this one getting a theater release so I thought I'd share it.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
CollosalPokemon said:
@> ron975:

I dunno. I thought it was interesting because us theaters haven't accepted Pokemon movies (period) 10 years.

I'm not a fan of the movies, I lost interest in those 10 years ago after Pokemon 2000 but I couldn't believe my eyes seeing a Pokemon movie getting a theater release when the last theater movie for Pokemon was 10 years ago. (not dvd)

Maybe Theaters are using this to give Pkmn Co. a tiny chance at having future releases in theaters or something.

imho Pokemon movies are boooooring but there's news about this one getting a theater release so I thought I'd share it.
Well one you need to check your info because I know for a fact I saw 3 and 4Ever in theaters. And even though I don't remember seeing it If I remember correctly wasn't the Latias/Latios movie shown in theaters too?

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
The Pokemon movies are really bad the majority of the time, so I don't see why this would even matter to anyone that's not some sort of fanboy. There are much better movies to be watched around the Christmas season.
I gave up on the Anime years ago and still play the games. Only reason I posted was just to point out the wrong info

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol I agree, this could very well be the shock announcement. Well not shocking to me, I pirate them anyways lol. Not worth the cash.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Lol I agree, this could very well be the shock announcement. Well not shocking to me, I pirate them anyways lol. Not worth the cash.

Since when does GameFreak deals with pokecrap movies and why would a japanese tv show reveal stuff about US pokemon movies? Doesn't make sense...

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
was this the shocking announcement that was said before about?
seems like the anime movies have got competition

I wouldn't think so. But we cannot be too sure, can we?

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
CollosalPokemon said:
@> ron975:

Well one you need to check your info because I know for a fact I saw 3 and 4Ever in theaters. And even though I don't remember seeing it If I remember correctly wasn't the Latias/Latios movie shown in theaters too?

lol the LAST one show in theaters was the latios and latias one. anway im hype to see this.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
KingdomBlade said:
The Pokemon movies are really bad the majority of the time, so I don't see why this would even matter to anyone that's not some sort of fanboy. There are much better movies to be watched around the Christmas season.
Free special victini with V-Crate and the 2 legendary pokemons trademark move for competitive play. Why not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them