1. Wellington2k

OP Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

United States
    Sorry about that. This is my first "news" post, and I totally forgot to put rumor in the thread title. I edited the post so it'll sound less like confirmed fact. Thanks for mentioning it!
    PS: I can assure you did not copy and paste. I take great pride in not plagiarizing others work, so I simply summed it up.

Taleweaver likes this.
  2. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    While its technically a rumor... Its pretty much more/less confirmed within the OUYA community. OUYA Forum was talking about this a few months ago and there was heavy thought that Xiaomi would be the buyer.

Wellington2k likes this.
  3. Vipera

Vipera Banned
    Banned

United States
    The OUYA was supposed to be a competitor for the real consoles of its time. With games that were a lot cheaper than those (I WONDER WHY) and demos and crap like that.
    You know what else offers demos? Windows Phone.
    You know who else offers demos? Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

If your argument was free demos vs Android, I'd say that Android sucks for gaming. Big props for having tried to implement some sort of hardware support into the damn software, but other than that? Meh.

Honestly, I don't get why some people like the OUYA so much: it's a cube with Android in it. Nothing more. That's like me going crazy for a random Chromecast clone and calling it revolutionary.

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Gaza Strip
    PSP, DS and 3DS provide proper gaming experiences that smartphone games do not hence why Sony/Nintendo handhelds are highly regarded in portable games over iPhones/Androids (and Windows Phones).

Oh well, Ouya's be Ouya. No loss.

5. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    It will be interesting to see the state of android gaming after this month, when you consider that the Shield console is right around the corner. Over at OUYA Forum they're having a conversation about what's needed for a Android console to survive. Funny thing is, many of the suggestions were things I was bitching about for a year and a half yet, that whole community accused me of trying to turn OUYA into a Nintendo product. For all the shit Nintendo gets, they KNOW how to keep a low end device on par with its high end competition (features wise). Some of my suggestions would have been fairly simple to implement. Hell, I even made an attempt at making a second screen experience but I ran out of resources. Again, I wish the OUYA the best but I wish the damn OUYA community would realize that I told them so! Now it's on to my next project, making a OUYA/Windows dual boot console. :D

6. RiderLeangle

RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Rumour],