[RUMOUR] New Nintendo 3DS (normal and XL) USA release date leaked

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mvmiranda, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Hello guys,

A friend of mine just gave me this tip...
    Apparently GameStop has just "leaked" unintentionally the release date for the new nintendo 3ds consoles in USA: Feb, 13th

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-new-nintendo-3ds-release-date-leaked-gamestop/

PS: can I have external links in this post?

When GW said they would be supporting 9.X, including NN3DS, I rushed and bought a AUS NN3DS :) and I don't regret it... I just wonder if the USA NN3DS will release with 9.4 or anything lower.

Anyway, this is not a poll, just spreading the word ;)

Cheers

2. Willemoke

Willemoke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    This news is even on the front page...

3. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Old new then?! :)

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    I dont regret buying the EUR N3DS, mind you I didn't have to import as an online gaming store sold them in my country , and is my region too. Price was very fair too.

5. mvmiranda
    OP

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Well, as I said, I don't regret buying it too... but I need to confess that a USA NN3DS would be the best for me since I can buy games "in my own region", if you know what I'm saying... (yeah I occasionally buy games when I like them, like I did with Luigi's Mansion ).

Anyway, it will be awesome if USA NN3DS comes with 9.1 or 9.2... I'll buy one and sell this EUR :)
    Then profit! sort of...

6. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    United States

Yeah, that's the thing, it's not terribly expensive to import one right now. For NA a JP N3DS can be had for as low as $160ish. I'd guess that is going to be what they would cost anyways when the NA release happens, maybe even cheaper. Since GW is region free the system language is barely an issue. Importing an AUS N3DS is a bit more costly so it might make sense waiting if you really want/need an english menu/system.

But saying all that, I'd still prefer a NA N3DS if it is the same price as an imported JP N3DS. But I also would rather be safe and get an 8.1-9.2 N3DS to use with GW. Who knows, by mid Feb JP N3DS consoles might be shipping with >9.2 along with the NA versions. If you really are concerned the best option is to import one while you have a guaranteed window.

mvmiranda likes this.
  7. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.