Gaming Rumour/Information about the Amiibo Cards

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
A reliable friend (who provided me with Rosalina, Villager, Pit and other rare amiibos) has told me that an employee of GAME, that the Nintendo amiibo cards will either cost £10 for one card or a special three pack for £10.

To be honest, this seems like it could be it but would I buy it? Hell no! I've already started collecting certain amiibos and charging £10 for one or three cards is still rather too much, however, I'd be happy to pay £10 if it included 5-7 cards.

I'll bet that these amiibo cards will also end up being rare and some people will pay £30-50 for it.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, my sauce informs me Nintendo plans to really make up for for the disappointing WII U sales with these things. All will be limited edition and every GameStop will get a maximum of 3 per character. Every Nintendo employee has been secretly informed to open an EBay account. :)

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh.. I don't understand Nintendo..

The Wii-U bounces back game wise.. Then physical copies are hard to find in stores.. Pikmin, Wonderful 101 etc

They release an adapter everyone dies for.. Forever out of stock and crippled

They release cute figurines everyones dies for. 90% of them are impossible to find in stores

They have a Netflix app. The #1 streaming service on the net.. Has less features than the Wii version of the app and never updated

Now this shit..

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those cards better be no more than $3 each for me to even buy. I have never bought an amiibo and don't plan on it but I may get the amiibo cards if they are cheap enough.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would really prefer that Nintendo restocked the Amiibos regularly, instead of this card idea. It doesn´t matter if they come in little numbers or one series at a time, as long as we know for sure every two months or so they are going to come. I´m not a hardcore collector and just want my fav characters, but with this situation, I feel punished for liking characters like Marth and Rosalina, instead of Mario and Link.

That information about the three-card pack sounds interesting, I hope the packs are, at least, divided by series and aren´t totally random cards :glare:

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I hoped the cards would be really cheap since I'm only interested in the functionality not in the collecting. Ten pounds means probably 12-13 euro for three cards. That is too much imo.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not Nintendos fault retailers allow an excess purchase.
They're both at fault. Nintendo for doing in very limited quantities (why the fuck?! Skylanders and Infinity don't suffer from shortages and it's just glorified Happy Meal toys!) and the retailers for allowing more than one per customer.

I saw an eBay scalper who had 20 Shulks and made almost £600 in total. Fucking asshole I've been trying to find one for my collection and then there's scalpers who just bought it to resell.
Hm, I hoped the cards would be really cheap since I'm only interested in the functionality not in the collecting. Ten pounds means probably 12-13 euro for three cards. That is too much imo.
Ideally I'd like 10-15 cards per pack but this is Nintendo. Nintendo's like the Apple of gaming.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd only get the ones that'll unlock content in my games that I couldn't get originally because of price/rarity/want.

Case in point- I'm missing the Samus and Fox outfits in Mario Kart 8.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd only get the ones that'll unlock content in my games that I couldn't get originally because of price/rarity/want.

Case in point- I'm missing the Samus and Fox outfits in Mario Kart 8.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping (well... maybe dreaming, at this point...) that they'll make something like a "MarioKart 8 Deck" that has one of every card to unlock all the content (minus DLC and game unlocks) in MarioKart 8... or, if we're getting really ambitious, maybe cards to unlock DLC as well, I would buy the heck out of a pack like that, even if it was US$15-20... but again, Nintendo Logic

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in a Gamestop today the guy behind me was buying an entire display of the Ninja Turtle figurines... I flat out looked at him and said

"So, are you the reason no one can complete their collection of various game figurines without resorting to inflated ebay prices"

He goes

"There are still two left"

And the Gamestop employee just laughed and said "NICE COLLECTION!!"

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in a Gamestop today the guy behind me was buying an entire display of the Ninja Turtle figurines... I flat out looked at him and said

"So, are you the reason no one can complete their collection of various game figurines without resorting to inflated ebay prices"

He goes

"There are still two left"

And the Gamestop employee just laughed and said "NICE COLLECTION!!"

Wait... I'm confused... Was the employee on your side or his??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...