[RUMOUR] Here's your first look at Pokemon Switch

This image has been floating around and we are told it is from Pokemon Switch[prebreak]1[/prebreak], leaked by a member of the internal translation team at Nintendo:

Capture.JPG

After some further investigation, it appears the image was initially posted by:

PvamQ19.jpg

It's since been removed.
Who knows if it's real, or not?

It's also a slow news week, so far.. :unsure:

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the first page someone mentioned it looking like Citra set to display higher quality graphics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, must have missed that. I find it funny how people seem to forget how citra is the only way to handle model hacks in USUM.

I'm sure the picture is definitely on the switch, but the picture probably originated on an uprez'd screenshot (thanks to citra) from a modded area in USUM (or possibly SM), along with the classic "blur" effect.

Meh, this makes any other leaks boring, since everyone could do something similar...

Last edited by Garblant, , Reason: left out a detail
Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The resolution width and height look wrong anyway. That doesn't seem to be the switch's screen at all, but I might be wrong.

Reactions: DarthDub

Capitan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So a character riding a Lapras, with the head turned towards the camera. They're also surrounded by other Pokémon?

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So a character riding a Lapras, with the head turned towards the camera. They're also surrounded by other Pokémon?
It might not be other Pokémon. You can definitely see a Gyarados tail, but the red and blue things on the right side could be something else. Yeah the blue thing looks slightly like a Wooper, but there's not enough clarity in the image to tell.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks.... bad. As others have said, looks like a 3DS screenshot with some extra stuff thrown in and blurred to all hell to hide the seams.
It also reminds me a lot of this area from D/P/Pt:
Sinnoh_Route_219_Pt.png

So, y'know "Gen 4 remakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and all that.
(I sure hope not; after OR/AS I don't trust them not to ruin Sinnoh too).

Reactions: Deleted User

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly, it really does feel fake to me. I bet Nintendo and Game Freak would wish something that'd completely break barriers on the Switch, and seeing that they have a MUCH bigger hardware freedom in relation to the 3DS i really do doubt the would just copy over the 3DS graphics. When going from the DS to the 3DS they've done a big graphical advance by turning it into 3D, and now they are much probably gonna make the graphics much better.

D

Deleted User

Looks pretty fake to me. Besides, I'm not sure if it's just me, but the screenshots doesn't even look like it's being played on actual Switch, more like some random screen screenshotted slightly askew.

Sometimes I really wish these "leakers" would include the whole console in the screenshots they post, and not just some impossibly vague close-up that seem to suspiciously cover up everything but the screen.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it really does feel fake to me. I bet Nintendo and Game Freak would wish something that'd completely break barriers on the Switch, and seeing that they have a MUCH bigger hardware freedom in relation to the 3DS i really do doubt the would just copy over the 3DS graphics. When going from the DS to the 3DS they've done a big graphical advance by turning it into 3D, and now they are much probably gonna make the graphics much better.
You mean still using sprites and just making the terrain and objects with ugly 3d models even for the ds capabilities and standars? Yeah, what a huuuuge improvement.

Dont expect high quality stuff with gamefreak, they have never used the full potential of any handheld they have developed for.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is 100% an ORAS mod. No way would they step the graphics backwards from SuMo. The character model is identical to ORAS, the land mass at the top is squared off exactly like ORAS, the rocks and the water looks just like ORAS as well.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You mean still using sprites and just making the terrain and objects with ugly 3d models even for the ds capabilities and standars? Yeah, what a huuuuge improvement.

Dont expect high quality stuff with gamefreak, they have never used the full potential of any handheld they have developed for.

I quite agree, but, even if gamefreak isn't really putting an incredible effort, i really, REALLY doubt they would use graphics from an old generation in an entirely new game. They said they "hit the roof" on the 3DS' processing power, and i bet they would at least try to make something of more quality for an entire new gaming system. That's the least i would except.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it