Country
Cote d'Ivoire
machomuu said:
relminator said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
jalaneme said:
RockmanForte said:
FF series is an endless series.. It's annoying.

i agree (although i don't think a lot will agree although it's imo) the series has been going on for 30 years and they haven't added anything new to the series to make it fresh (it's starting to get a bit stale), also why port ffXI to the ps vita and not ps3, very strange that.

The series has gone through different changes in its battle system over the years. Of course when it gets drastically different (FFXII) people begin to bawww about it. So either try something different and get hated by the people who buy the games or add on to a tried-and-true formula and get people who don't buy the games anyway bawww about it. Pretty easy choice.

Also...

>More than 200 Mario games, nothing wrong.
>Significantly less Final Fantasy games in roughly the same time period, OH MY GOD IT'S SO MILKED.

EDIT: Additionally...

>Nintendo ports/remakes something, OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING.
>Square Enix ports/remakes something, OH MY GOD THEY'RE SO BEATING A DEAD HORSE

People don't like Final Fantasy because it's Final Fantasy and they love being so NONCONFORMIST.
Oh God I hate those people, mostly because I used to be one of them when I was younger (it was more of a phase, I'd say), but now I dislike something genuinely because I dislike it, and not because of its popularity. Worse part is many people dislike these things without trying them, and it pisses me off. I watched Twilight to see if I liked it before I went on to hate it (oh God that's an awful movie), but that's the way people should do things, not hate them because they want to be different.

Though I still don't like XII, though I think a major part of that has to do with Vaan, HE'S SO F***ING ANNOYING! He's like the evolved form of Tidus.

If it's any consolation, FFXII is my favorite FF. *
wink.gif

Purely awesome battle system and you can kill all the bosses(even he secret ones) in 122333 (Lowest level possible characters). Of course doing a challenge like that would mean hours of grinding but it's the most fun I had on an RPG or a game for that matter.
Yeah, the likability varies from person to person. It's not a bad game and I don't hate it, but I do have to force myself to play it. I think I might like the International version more, but I REALLY don't feel like starting the game over. The thing is, I love Final Fantasy, but the only ones I don't like are 10 and 12.
You really should, it makes the game sooo much better.
All those parts that seemed to take forever are much more bearable now due to being able to speed the game up, and it made me hate Vaan less ever since I made him a Samurai!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
relminator said:
Did they release FF12 International Zodiac Job in English? I don't know much katakana. ;*(

Yeah FF X really sucked bigtime. FF X-2 though is fun(albeit lacking in story).
FFXII International wasn't released in English, but there is a pretty good translation patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat