Rumour: Final Fantasy XI On Its Way To Vita

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jul 13, 2011.

Jul 13, 2011
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Hiromichi Tanaka, the former FFXI producer mentioned to Famitsu the possibility that a port of the MMORPG is coming to the PlayStation Vita. What was confirmed though was that there will be no PS3 port, Tanaka said that making use of the PS3?s hardware characteristics is difficult for a simple port.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It kinda shows how much Square is loving FFXIV.

I mean it'll be nice if this is true to see that the Vita is capable of doing a MMO, but I just wished it was a MMO I cared about (or if they ditched the idea of a MMO and just made it a Final Fantasy game I cared about).

3. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    FF series is an endless series.. It's annoying.

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Kinda like....
    Ratchet and Clank
    Call of Duty
    Kingdom Hearts
    Sonic
    Mario
    Zelda
    and others.

Please redirect your hate somewhere else as this is an old game released a very long time ago

5. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    I knot it was an old game released a very long time ago for I am not newbie. [​IMG] Please... You are not moderator, thank you. You are jumping to the conclusion. It's not hatred.. Its a matter of opinion. A freedom speech, that's all. Again, you are not moderator. [​IMG]

6. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I don't think he's acting like a mod, he just misread the emotion of your comment and stated how he felt toward your comment and he felt should have been done with it.

Also, the fact that they even mentioned something like this really shows how "good" FFXIV will be when they're done "changing" it.

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i agree (although i don't think a lot will agree although it's imo) the series has been going on for 30 years and they haven't added anything new to the series to make it fresh (it's starting to get a bit stale), also why port ffXI to the ps vita and not ps3, very strange that.

8. machomuu

United States
    Final Fantasy XIII. For better or for worse, it doesn't feel like Final Fantasy.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The series has gone through different changes in its battle system over the years. Of course when it gets drastically different (FFXII) people begin to bawww about it. So either try something different and get hated by the people who buy the games or add on to a tried-and-true formula and get people who don't buy the games anyway bawww about it. Pretty easy choice.

Also...

>More than 200 Mario games, nothing wrong.
    >Significantly less Final Fantasy games in roughly the same time period, OH MY GOD IT'S SO MILKED.

EDIT: Additionally...

>Nintendo ports/remakes something, OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING.
    >Square Enix ports/remakes something, OH MY GOD THEY'RE SO BEATING A DEAD HORSE

People don't like Final Fantasy because it's Final Fantasy and they love being so NONCONFORMIST.

10. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I thought this one hadn't been successful but I guess I mixed it up with XIV

However, it's nice that the Vita can pull an MMO off.

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    with final fantasy comes "oh they wont stop will they"
    11 is still going strong and as guild said, 14, dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon
    the vita must be quite good online which is a very important thing for it

12. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    If this had free online on the Vita, I would love it. From what I've heard from those who play FFXI (which is quite a few people btw), the game evolved into a pretty fantastic creature. Then FFXIV came along and just kind of ruined it all. Now FFXIV needs some fixing, while FFXI is still working fine. I would enjoy a chance to play it at no cost, but I'm sure that isn't going to happen.

13. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    [​IMG]

I'm still waiting for them to port/remake Final Fantasy V and VI like they did with those prior.

14. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Not long finished the PSN version on PSP :/

15. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I'm not exactly sure how an MMO would work on a portable, but if Square Enix is working on it, they'll probably make something spectacular happen.

And then people complain because it's new.

16. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I'm actually quite looking forward to this, even when Final Fantasy isn't really my type of game.

17. machomuu

United States
    Oh God I hate those people, mostly because I used to be one of them when I was younger (it was more of a phase, I'd say), but now I dislike something genuinely because I dislike it, and not because of its popularity. Worse part is many people dislike these things without trying them, and it pisses me off. I watched Twilight to see if I liked it before I went on to hate it (oh God that's an awful movie), but that's the way people should do things, not hate them because they want to be different.

Though I still don't like XII, though I think a major part of that has to do with Vaan, HE'S SO F***ING ANNOYING! He's like the evolved form of Tidus.

18. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I play Mario because I still like it, I play FF13 because I think it's fucking amazing, and I dislike shooters because, well, I dislike them.

Boy, I get all the weird looks at school.

19. relminator

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    If it's any consolation, FFXII is my favorite FF. *[​IMG]

Purely awesome battle system and you can kill all the bosses(even he secret ones) in 122333 (Lowest level possible characters). Of course doing a challenge like that would mean hours of grinding but it's the most fun I had on an RPG or a game for that matter.

20. machomuu

United States
    Yeah, the likability varies from person to person. It's not a bad game and I don't hate it, but I do have to force myself to play it. I think I might like the International version more, but I REALLY don't feel like starting the game over. The thing is, I love Final Fantasy, but the only ones I don't like are 10 and 12.