• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,705
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted_171835

OP
_-Rumour-Bayonetta-2-Has-Been-Cancelled-_.jpg

A source familiar with the situation has told SPOnG that progress on the apparent Platinum Games sequel was halted. The game was to include a new character, in the form of a member of the US military.

While it was not possible to ascertain from our source if Bayonetta 2 had begun development internally, the detail of a potential new character would suggest that plans were at least in a pre-production design stage.

SEGA announced a dramatic restructuring of its Western consumer business last month, following a dismal performance in the last fiscal year. Redundancies hit both the European and American offices, and a number of titles were said to be cancelled internally.

It was feared that Platinum Games' projects - which have been critically well-received but have had little success commercially - would be at risk, with a rumoured sequel to Bayonetta at the top of such a list. The original game was released on Xbox 360 and PS3 in January 2010, to critical acclaim.

SPOnG has asked SEGA about the situation, to the response, "No comment."

http://spong.com/art...-Been-Cancelled

inb4prowler

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doubt it. Ever heard of a developer saying "Nah, we don't want your money."?

And no, Megaman Legends 3 is not a similar case - Legends 3 would be bought by a very limited group of fans.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
we're talking about platinum games here though and they aren't any normal developer who is in it for the money. ive heard they was pretty satisfied with how bayonetta ended and didn't want to make another.

if any game needs another game though it's vanquish

edit: also, SEGAs contract with platinum games ends with anarchy reigns, i call fake.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
we're talking about platinum games here though and they aren't any normal developer who is in it for the money. ive heard they was pretty satisfied with how bayonetta ended and didn't want to make another.

if any game needs another game though it's vanquish

edit: also, SEGAs contract with platinum games ends with anarchy reigns, i call fake.
I suppose you're right, but then again, I too call this one Fake, just for different reasons. ;)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
inb4"Many Bayonetta 2 elements were integrated into Metal Gear Rising, after the project had been scrapped" just to confirm my doubts that MGR is just a reskinned Bayonetta 2 plus energy swords.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Aren't they busy with Metal Gear Rising right now anyways? I wouldn't expect to hear much about Bayonetta 2 until that's all wrappped up.
they also have anarchy reigns coming out soon..

but they worked on MadWorld, Bayonetta, Vanquish and Infinite Space at the same time so just because they are working on MGR doesn't mean they can't work on other games.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh at Metal Gear Rising....this coming from a 4 year veteran of Metal Gear Online (Damn you Konami for shutting us down).

Either way, sucks if this was true, i loved Bayonetta, probably one of my favorite games that caught me be surprise in the last few years.

Hyped as hell for Anarchy Reigns though, especially after seeing gameplay and hearing Bayonetta is in.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems like BS but even so, I've beaten Bayonetta 6 times and it just seems like one of those games that doesn't need any more installments. Definitely my favorite action/beat 'em up game though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi