[RUMOUR]A new Pokémon game to be announced at Jump Festa in De

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
So it bother you (guild) when people want a remake and not a new gen, yet you go (wrongly) bash
on the Zelda art work for being too "brightly colored" and it should go back to the look of TP?
... ok
wacko.gif

Anyway, hopefully the announcement will be good.

Thanks for the completely different argument.

I just find it silly that in a series that has had literally no significant change since it's inception (which it's criticized for), people want another remake. I'm criticizing the new Zelda art work because it looks dumb, not because it's not like the olden days.

The comparison you made is pretty poor.

EDIT: God forbid I criticize anything Nintendo, you have to jump all over it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
So it bother you (guild) when people want a remake and not a new gen, yet you go (wrongly) bash
on the Zelda art work for being too "brightly colored" and it should go back to the look of TP?
... ok
wacko.gif

Anyway, hopefully the announcement will be good.

Thanks for the completely different argument.

I just find it silly that in a series that has had literally no significant change since it's inception (which it's criticized for), people want another remake. I'm criticizing the new Zelda art work because it looks dumb, not because it's not like the olden days.

The comparison you made is pretty poor.

EDIT: God forbid I criticize anything Nintendo, you have to jump all over it.
Personally I think the only necessary remakes were RBG and GS. They were extremely well done remakes, but it's way too soon for an RS remake.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Personally I think the only necessary remakes were RBG and GS. They were extremely well done remakes, but it's way too soon for an RS remake.

I didn't even see a need for a GSC remake. The games have barely even aged. The sprites still look decent, the content is still packed, and I really didn't find the game any more enjoyable on the DS.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

I didn't even see a need for a GSC remake. The games have barely even aged. The sprites still look decent, the content is still packed, and I really didn't find the game any more enjoyable on the DS.
Well, FRLG were much better remakes as they added an insane amount of content, but I liked the revamped sprites and music in HGSS (and FRLG). Of course, unless they're pure and lazily done, I usually love remakes.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Well, FRLG were much better remakes as they added an insane amount of content, but I liked the revamped sprites and music in HGSS (and FRLG). Of course, unless they're pure and lazily done, I usually love remakes.

I don't remember this "insane amount of content". Like there was extra stuff to do but it's not like there was a whole other continent ala GSC.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

I don't remember this "insane amount of content". Like there was extra stuff to do but it's not like there was a whole other continent ala GSC.
Well there were the Seven Islands, but no, they're not the same. I'm really exaggerating with the "insane", but remake-wise, in comparison to HGSS and a lot of other remakes, there was quite a bit.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The only reason why I see RS requiring a remake is the fact that the DSi/3DS has no GBA support and the DS Lite is discontinued. Not many people intentionally pirate for it as well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
The only reason why I see RS requiring a remake is the fact that the DSi/3DS has no GBA support and the DS Lite is discontinued. Not many people intentionally pirate for it as well.

I think the bigger question is why play a RSE remake when they've made replacements? DPPt anyone? Black and White anyone?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

I think the bigger question is why play a RSE remake when they've made replacements? DPPt anyone? Black and White anyone?
We don't need it, Ninty just wants money, that's [sadly] reason enough.

D

Deleted-236924

I think FR/LG and HG/SS were the only necessary remakes, because the original first two gens could not interact with the 3rd-5th gens.
So we needed to have a remake of those that lets us trade/transfer Pokémon with every other version. (Plus Nintendo/Game Freak "needs" money.)

But I wouldn't mind a R/S remake TBH, though I already got Ruby and Emerald.

Guild McCommunist said:
"Portable you can only use at home" is pretty much the exact opposite of portable. It's like saying I have a phone that has 3G only in WiFi hotspots.

Also, I just find it hysterical that people will say "IT BETTER NOT BE A NEW GEN GAME!" and instead cry for a Gen 3 remake. I played the crap out of Gen 3 as a kid but I'd never want a remake. Considering the concept has hardly changed, I'd think people would want a new game to at least attempt some new elements.

(Plus Gen 2 was superior).

Also, if you ever want a game that goes across all regions, then too fucking bad. Why do that when they can release games with a single region and make you pay full price for each of them? Only games to have more than a single region were Gold, Silver, their remakes, and Crystal.
Quoted for truth.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

Especially there is something in B/W known as the DREAM WORLD.
tpi.gif

I wouldn't really mind one though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat