RUMORS- Sonic Storybook 3, Superstars, Sonic Adventure 3DS?

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, Jun 29, 2011.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    [​IMG]
    So a SEGA representative from the Mexico division is being awfully talkative lately. New information outed by this employee confirmed a couple of things and possibly hinted at a third one. Whether this information ever sees the light of day in terms of actual games is another story. It's possible that SEGA didn't intend these bits and pieces to be spread. The rep may also be working on old news that is no longer relevant. So take this information with a grain of salt.

- The Sonic Storybook series (starting with Secret Rings and followed up with Black Knight) is in fact a trilogy and the third game is still coming
    - There are going to be more SEGA Superstars games (which began with Tennis and Racing)
    - (possibly speculation or opinion) A Sonic Adventure game on 3DS. Whether a remake or new one is anyone's guess.

Sonic Generations on the Xbox 360, PS3, and 3DS (and leaked PC port) was also teased to include bonus stages at least for the Classic Sonic levels. It was confirmed several days ago that there will be a pinball minigame for the HD versions of Generations (obtained via preordering the game from Gamestop and possibly a DLC extra for others). [/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I hope to god if they make a third story book game it doesn't resemble the sham that was The Black Night. And as far as a Sonic Adventure on 3DS, I hope that isn't true as well. I've never been a big fan of the Adventure games.

3. XAlexBlitz209X

Member XAlexBlitz209X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really hope that if they make a sonic adventure game it would follow the structure of sonic adventure 2 battle,that would be sweet [​IMG]

4. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, make a Sonic Adventure 3, and not mess it up.

5. ilman

Member ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Bulgaria
    approves the above 2 posts^

6. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Not overly concerned about the storybook game, the others were pretty crap. Not really sure where else they can go with the Superstars series. Golf just doesn't fit Sonic's style, football (soccer) might be a possibility. Although personally I'd like it to be boxing, just so I can see Knuckles punch Tails in the balls for having that whiny schoolgirl voice for everything after Adventure 2.

As for the rumours of an Adventure game, NEW ONE PLZ. No more ports or remakes, I can play Sonic Adventure 1+2 blindfolded. Make an all new game designed from the ground up to be a 3DS title. All new levels. New story. Maybe branching paths like Shadow. NO NEW CHARACTERS, YOU HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY. And for the love of fuck include the Chao Garden, like the Sonic Adventure 2 one with unlockable gardens and all sorts of weird mutations you can give the chao. Only with new gardens, new minigames, etc. That would make up for a lot of the dumb shit Sega's done over the years.

7. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    If they bring back the Chao garden, I want them to have stats and special abilities ( Think pokemon with a sonic theme), or at least to control them.

The chao fighting was horrible and gimmicky.

8. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Sonic Superstars Brawl! [​IMG]

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I don't think any of the Storybook games were good. I don't see any hope for a good sequel.

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing was a pretty fun kart racer. Not a Mario Kart or a Crash Team Racing, but pretty much the best modern kart racer outside of Mario Kart Wii.

Knowing Sega they'll probably port Sonic Adventure AGAIN.

I don't see anything all too hopeful with Sonic in its name anymore. I haven't tried the Generations demo though (not a XBL Gold subscriber).

10. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Honestly, I couldn't care less. The Superstars games were mediocre IMHO, never entertained me for a period over 2 hours.

11. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    There's no way that there will be a third storybook game, absolutely no way.
    It's actually a fact, SEGA de-listed the "average to mediocre" Sonic games and pulled them from shelves, remember?
    Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Unleashed were definitely de-listed, I think Secret rings might have also been delisted.

12. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    - The Sonic Storybook series - blegh. none of them were good
    - Superstars - eh Idunno.
    - SA 3DS - if it's a remake make sure it's of the 1st. SA2 was worse then the first.

13. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I'm a little sketchy on what you mean by "de-listed". Pulled them from shelves? I'm still seeing them everywhere. That goes for all the ones you listed. They're also listed on SEGA's official website with a big buy now button on them linking to Amazon. Sonic 06 was also a best seller for at least the 360 and relreleased under the Platinum Hits. Am i misunderstanding you? Because i'm seeing new copies of these games everywhere in stores...

14. dmace81

Member dmace81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Million bucks says it will be another sonic cycle. lol.

15. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Just the Chao Garden alone would make me buy a game. They could slap on Sonic and the Black Knight and i would still buy it day 1

16. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia

17. ilman

Member ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Bulgaria
    @8bitwaluigi
    nope chao have been seen in sonic rivals 2/unleashed.
    the chao garden is missing.

18. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Loved Sonic Adventure 1 on the DC, just had that kind of magic some games have for me. Wasn't as keen on SA2 though.

19. Zekrom_cool

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    Let this be the best Sonic Adventures ever !

20. Selim873

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    I'm hoping for a Chao Garden for SA 3DS, I never cared for the StoryBooks or Sega Superstars...
    I have a Chaos Chao on my SA2 for Dreamcast, but on Sonic Adventure DX, those 3rd party memory cards go corrupt literally once a year... So I lost my other 2 chaos chao on DX....Wow... I need to get a life...! XD