Rumorish?: Delays when ordering from China?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TheWingless, Jul 16, 2008.

Jul 16, 2008
  1. TheWingless
    OP

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I have never even heard of systemgears.com but they are apparently an authorized dealer of CycloDS and are based in Canada. Apparently they are also sponsored on the R4DS Forums(Don't think it's an official one). Prices look kinda high.
    Pretty much just a shout box quote from the R4 forums, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. It doesn't really apply to me because I don't order from Dealextreme/any Chinese reseller. But if there are delays, then this might be the reason why. This would have gone into User Submitted News but it sounded more like a rumor...

2. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. TheWingless
    OP

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    A lot of people also ordered those really cheap Cyclos too so those might be delayed. Hopefully it won't be too long, but it was extremely cheap so I probably wouldn't have a problem with shipping time(I didn't order one).

4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Sounds plausible. Might be what took my recent orders so long to ship. Dun care much about it.

5. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    i don't think so. usually large and big shipment are delayed, but for small purchase below 0.5 kg shipped with express courier EMS is still normal delay in many countries. usa 4/5 days, europe 7 days, italy 14 days ( it's a national problem in this case )
    then if seller use normal mail o registered mail time can be more than 2/5 weeks
    ciao

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    DX is based in China right? Well then this explains a lot.

7. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Thank god I'm not ordering something until November....

Still. Good to know.

8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    My cousin just ordered one of the cheap Cyclos from DX. I just ordered a bunch of PSP stuff like a screen protector, case, component cable, etc. He already received an email from DX that his order would be delayed, I have yet to hear along similar lines I have my fingers crossed. They are slow as shit but you can't beat their prices anywhere.

9. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    DX should ship from hong kong and not china so not reason for delays. especcialy for small packages

10. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's all untrue, I've gotten my last few chinese sent packages in fine time. My friend also visited china and sent me some stuff that's fine...

Customs does check everything, and it causes some delay, but who cares, the price is the difference. They just want you to buy their stuff, that's all.

11. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    key words: "shout box quote from the R4 forums"

[​IMG]

12. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    So true.

Remember, small packages have little delays, big packages have HUGE delays. That's the key.

13. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    I got my order from china to holland in like... 5 days, but that was because I wasn't at home the 4th day.

14. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

This webshop is based in Canada?

Enough said.

15. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    It's true, because of the Olympics and packages being checked more, most packages are delayed some (not by much though according to my recent experiences.) Plus, DX says that they currently can't sell any torches, knives, and shit due to this as well.

16. dynamiteout

Newcomer dynamiteout Newbie

Canada
    I've heard about Systemgears in Canadian forums before, so they arent really new or anything.

BTW, in regards to the delay issues in China, it was actually on the Canadian news 1-2 weeks ago. I dont know if this applies to NDS carts, but yea, most factories were temporary shut down to reduce pollution and at the same time, allowing the workers to travel back to their China hometown, to enjoy Olympics with their families.