RUMOR: Z.O.E. 3ds Hinted by Kojima Tweet

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by flaboy909, Aug 16, 2011.

Aug 16, 2011
  1. flaboy909
    OP

Newcomer flaboy909 Member

United States
    [​IMG]

Hideo Kojima, famed creator of Metal Gear and Zone of Enders, has teased a possible Zone of the Enders 3DS game. You can see the "teaser" image above. [/p]

Kojima's Twitter Post

Wow, I hope this is true, that would give the 3ds a well-needed boost of confidence [​IMG].

2. Kiaku

Member Kiaku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    By the looks of the GBA version, it seems likely that this'll turn out to be a turn-based strategy game. The game seems interesting, and I hope this possible 3DS title doesn't end up stopping production, too.

3. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    WANT!!! INSTANTANEOUS BUY! DO IT KOJIMA!! DO IT!!! [​IMG]

4. Hydreigon

Member Hydreigon Isn't that DELICIOUS!?

Antarctica
    Looking forward to it if this rumor turns out to be true! [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Don't care if it s like the PS2 or GBA versions, both were very enjoyable although I'e not enjoyed a Kojima game in such a long long time. Maybe since the last ZOE or the first Boktai game. Lords of Shadows was decent but he just did some producer stuff on it.

6. punkyrule

Member punkyrule GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I haven't played any ZOE games but heard good things about it. Clearly a must buy for me for the 3ds. [​IMG]

7. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I did a little google search on Z.O.E.
    Looks like an interesting game, hope the rumor is true but 3dsblog is infamous for reporting rumors to gain page views.

8. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    buying a 3DS for this.

damn.

Also waiting impatiently for the HD remakes to come out for console.

9. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Aw yeah! A friend of mine had First of Mars: Zone of Enders on the GBA and I absolutely loved that game! A 3DS version? DO WANT!

10. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    If this is true, then I want it sooo bad! I loved the GBA game! Just started it up again a few days ago, and I still love it~! [​IMG]

11. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Can we stop linking to that blog as a reliable source?

It isn't reliable. Link to the original damn Tweet, or don't post it. You know THIS. It really isn't difficult, and I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of seeing news reported as truth from that dumb fucking blog.

12. knoxvillz

Member knoxvillz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Definitely gonna get this if it is true. Loved both of the ps2 games as well as the gba one. I wonder if this will be just a remake or a continuation of the series?

13. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I like how if you are not paying close attention, Z.O.E = 3DS backwards and vice versa.

Anyway, (youtube) looks like it would be a good game. Probably be the ps2 style.

Maybe they swing for both. [​IMG]

14. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    That's two 3DS games I'm interested in, provided it does happen.

But I hope it's just another one like Fist of Mars, not actual ZoE3. I'd be pretty angry if it is.

15. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Ok, whatever problem you have with this guy is irrelevant. I personally have read bits of the blog for quite some time. Despite any potential bias that may be posted, the sources are always marked as a rumor when they're a rumor, and you are warned of the source of the news. This particular article and most others on the site are all posted in an appropriate manner with a proper link. While i think we should strive to search for original sources of news and use that as a source, there is really nothing wrong with the source TC used. There's no reason to jump down the TC's throat for this or derail the topic because you don't like it. The article contains no misinformation and he links directly to the twitter article AND provides the screenshot. I see no problem here. The twitter feed would have been a more direct post and proper source, but in this case, you can't fault that blog because there's no misinformation at all.

Whether you think the site is reliable or not is your own issue. In this case, the article linked to is perfectly valid and true. It honestly depends on WHAT sort of news is posted from the blog, but in this case there is not a damn thing wrong with the source. Leave the TC alone.

16. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    i enjoyed the first two on ps2 not much the gba one a robot wars clone but meh.. any news is good news (and giant mechas yay!)

17. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    Yay, ZOE2 is one of the only games that keeps my PS2 connected to my TV (only PS2 game that runs slowly in Pcsx2 on my laptop), have been patiently awaiting the HD version, now I'm going to need to wait for a 3DS game too! [​IMG]

18. relminator

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Me loves turn-based strategies!

woot!!!

19. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    If you pay even closer attention, it isn't really a mirror reflection. The 'D' in the 3DS really looks more like a 'D' than a "O".

Well, just a rumor though.

20. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Not to mention as well than none of the letters have periods beside them like the Z.O.E. abbreviation! Shape isn't the only difference here, it's definitely a tease even if it never really happens (which i think it likely will happen). [​IMG]