heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
VG247.com has announced that a "highly-trusted source" has confirmed details on Sony's next iteration of the PlayStation Portable.

The surprising thing about the statements made from this source is that they claim that the PSP 2 is not what will be revealed at this year's E3.

VG247 claims that instead of a PSP 2 Sony will be releasing the PSP 4000. According to the breaking article the PSP 4000 will simple be a "complete aesthetic overhaul" of current PSP tech. The source also stated that the device will have a sliding screen similar to the PSP Go. The infamous image of the rumored PSP2 that showed up about a year ago (scene above) was referenced as to being similar in design.

At this point it would be smart to stress that currently this is merely of rumor status (evident by the big f'ing 'Rumor' in the title of this article).

It kind of sounds insane for any console, handheld or not, to be revamped this many times. And yet, Sony is doing it. If this is true then version 5 of the PSP is on its way. This seems extremely unlikely when considering that Sony just might have somebody working there with an ounce of common sense.

With the Nintendo 3DS presumably just around the proverbial corner after multiple iterations Sony would be pushing their luck with an other revamp. You can only reuse the same coffee grounds before every cup starts tasting like shi... old coffee.

VG247 states that this is the reason Sony has constantly denied the existence of a PSP2. It couldn't possibly be that the company would like to keep their new tech under wraps and on the down-low before they actually announce the thing (that was sarcasm, it's totally plausible that Sony WOULD indeed do this).

It is certainly possible that Sony may be planning to release the PSP for the fifth time, but if they want to beat out Nintendo and Apple then Sony is going to have to stop beating the same five year old proverbial horse (really abusing the ye old proverbs today).

For now all that can be done is await an official announcement at E3
http://psp.kombo.com/article.php?artid=5750

Alright who the heck is going to buy another revamp of psp's? :wtf:
I do not care, 3DS is the one that's interesting me right now

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mkoo said:
How about PSP XL?

You might be on to something. Look at Nintendo..

NDS
NDS Lite
NDSi
NDSi XL

and soon:
3DS

Hmm... I count 5. If anything, Sony is just copying Nintendo. Seriously, when is the last time Sony had any original ideas? This coming from a (happy) PSP-2000, and PS1, PS2 and PS3 owner. Also an NDS Lite.

QUOTE(gameboy13 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:51 AM) Or the PSPgoLiteiXL?

LOL

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Deathwing Zero said:
mkoo said:
How about PSP XL?

NDS
NDS Lite
NDSi
NDSi XL

and soon:
3DS

Hmm... I count 5. If anything, Sony is just copying Nintendo. Seriously, when is the last time Sony had any original ideas? This coming from a (happy) PSP-2000, and PS1, PS2 and PS3 owner. Also an NDS Lite.

The 3DS has been pretty much confirmed to be a nest gen handheld and not just another iteration. Now 4 is still quite a lot but I don't really count the DSi XL as being separate as it doesn't include any extra hardware or features other than the bigger screen (ok, and a few DSiWare titles and a chunky stylus).

Back on topic; I don't really see the logic of making the 4000, there aren't any major complaints about the 3000 (or 2000 and 1000 only the Go) and I think it would make more sense to just develop the PSP2 or whatever name the come up with instead of trying to market it to an audience that has only just seen the release of the 3000. Most of the people I know have stuck with their 1000s and unless it has some drastically new features (and a UMD drive) I don't see that changing.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Supersonicmonk said:
The 3DS has been pretty much confirmed to be a nest gen handheld and not just another iteration. Now 4 is still quite a lot but I don't really count the DSi XL as being separate as it doesn't include any extra hardware or features other than the bigger screen (ok, and a few DSiWare titles and a chunky stylus).

Back on topic; I don't really see the logic of making the 4000, there aren't any major complaints about the 3000 (or 2000 and 1000 only the Go) and I think it would make more sense to just develop the PSP2 or whatever name the come up with instead of trying to market it to an audience that has only just seen the release of the 3000. Most of the people I know have stuck with their 1000s and unless it has some drastically new features (and a UMD drive) I don't see that changing.
you shouldn't count the DSl either then.
and the PSP3k
those both didn't bring any significant different either.
just like the XL, the DSl was pretty much a case redesign.
and the 3k only has slightly better TV-out compatibility, and an improved screen.

i do think though that the 4k if it is released might be worth buying.
i really like the PSPGO design, but they made 1 big mistake they can now try to fix: all previous purchases become worthless.
even if it's just a PSPgo with UMD drive, i'd want it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
just like the XL, the DSl was pretty much a case redesign.
A case redesign that shrunk the system a good deal. Many of the parts are smaller and more compact, they made the sacreens brigher and bascially addressed the complaints about the big, dim, ugly DS original ( I still love my DSOriginal though
wub.gif
)

PSP 4000? Got my hacked 1000 here, don't trust the newer UMD drawer designs at all

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It could also be the PSP2. Sure the rumor says it's not, but look how hard they tried to keep PSPGo underwraps last year? Claiming it was fake etc. Heck they did that with the PS3 Slim.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
clegion said:
i am hoping for a smaller PSP kinda like the go (size) but with UMD drive
Wern't logitech or datel or someone designing an external UMD drive for it?

Perhaps they will release a PSP go-ish PSP4000 but includes an external UMD Drive!

EDIT: Old shit but if Sony has stuck to their designs, we might get PSP 4000 with UMD Drive. Source

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Deathwing Zero said:
mkoo said:
How about PSP XL?

NDS
NDS Lite
NDSi
NDSi XL

and soon:
3DS

Well.. one thing. I havn't really seen the psp improve at all during these revamps. However from the NDS to the NDSi is a HUGE differrence!
PSP-1000 to PSP-3000 however... meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply thatdoesnt even answer what I asked.