KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii-u-price.jpg

Nintendo will price the Wii U aggressively at $299 when it launches later this year, according to a report WiiUDaily has received (from the same source that brought us the Wii U system specs rumor). Nintendo will price the Wii U at $299 in the US, $299 Euro in Europe, and at 20,000 Yen in Japan, which comes in at around $250 USD. No word on Wii U software pricing.

Considering that the Wii U will initially only compete against the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which can be had for $200 and $250, respectively, it’s not surprising that Nintendo will price the Wii U aggressively. They almost have to. Sony and Microsoft will reportedly release their next-gen consoles in 2013.
:arrow:Source

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems decent, what with the graphic quality improvements and the impressive controller.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding, Wii U is not next generation but Wii Successor to be compete against the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. I dont see if Wii U will won the competitive because of Sony and Microsoft will release their next-gen powerful consoles in 2013 unless Nintendo has a plan for Wii U to be against the next-gen consoles as well. *CONFUSED*

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the next $ony and m$ consoles won't be that much different than they are now except maybe they'll be able to run games at full 60fps but that will be all everything else will be EXACTLY the same i guarantee it.

Reactions: 3 people

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding, Wii U is not next generation but Wii Successor to be compete against the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. I dont see if Wii U will won the competitive because of Sony and Microsoft will release their next-gen powerful consoles in 2013 unless Nintendo has a plan for Wii U to be against the next-gen consoles as well. *CONFUSED*

The Wii U is going to be something that falls between the PS3/360 and the PS4/720. It will be considerably more powerful than the PS3, but wont be up to speed with the actual next gen. I'd call it the half gen. But quite honestly, graphics are getting to a point, where anything much greater than what we see in the PS3 is going to be less of a milestone. Nearly any game will be able to be easily ported to all 3 of the next systems and the only real differences we'll see in graphics are slight, no longer will 3rd party developers develop soley for Sony and Microsoft with a different and often times lesser version for Nintendo. In fact, unless Sony and Microsoft embrace the controller with a screen thing, Wii U will likely see exclusive features that the other systems wont have.

Reactions: 1 person

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the next $ony and m$ consoles won't be that much different than they are now except maybe they'll be able to run games at full 60fps but that will be all everything else will be EXACTLY the same i guarantee it.
Let me save this for later use...
Go ahead everyone reckons the next gens are going to have 10x better gfraphics, running at 4k and twice the speed of todays best pcs cpuz....NOT...GOING....TO...HAPPEN!

unless Sony and Microsoft embrace the controller with a screen thing, Wii U will likely see exclusive features that the other systems wont have.
Oh i'm pretty sure both will have some device that looks and works quite similar to the tablet (esp $ony)

Reactions: 1 person

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Wii U is going to be something that falls between the PS3/360 and the PS4/720. It will be considerably more powerful than the PS3, but wont be up to speed with the actual next gen. I'd call it the half gen. But quite honestly, graphics are getting to a point, where anything much greater than what we see in the PS3 is going to be less of a milestone. Nearly any game will be able to be easily ported to all 3 of the next systems and the only real differences we'll see in graphics are slight, no longer will 3rd party developers develop soley for Sony and Microsoft with a different and often times lesser version for Nintendo. In fact, unless Sony and Microsoft embrace the controller with a screen thing, Wii U will likely see exclusive features that the other systems wont have.

Perhaps.. We shall wait and see. :)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oi oi! Listen up! They claim the source is the same one that brought us that old Wii U specs rumour

Which basically marks this as completely false. That old rumour stated the Wii U would have 1GB of embedded DRAM. To be short about it, that is completely impossible. The Wii U would have to have 250 POWER7 cores for this to be true. The 3GHz PowerPC detail also contradicts IBM's own press release that they were supplying Nintendo with POWER7 chips for the console.

It's possible that the source simply got bad info for this first rumour, or maybe they confused the terms involved. But if this is the same guys supplying the information, it's a very safe guess to dismiss this.

Reactions: 4 people

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I figured it would either be $250 or $300.

As of right now, I'm saying I'm not getting it... but who am I kidding? When it gets closer to launch, I'll be dying to get one probably.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't be surprised if they made it that cheap. The hardware itself wont be that impressive, so it isn't going to cost that much to make. They're going to want to flood every home with a Wii U as quick as possible to try and get their toes in the door before Microsoft and Sony. Far enough to steal as many customers as possible. Though, i'll probably be getting a launch console for all 3. Except possibly the new 360. Honestly it's sounding like a piece of crap casualstation.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What? Wii U is completely next generation, what the hell are you talking about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt