Rumor: Wii & DSi Price Cuts Coming Soon?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Could Nintendo really be dropping the price of the Wii? Some insider retailer info points to yes.

Word on the street is that an early look at a Walmart flyer shows the Wii with a new, low price starting the first week of October. No word on the price just yet, but it probably won't be anything lower than $199. Nintendo has been hearing everyone talking about a much-needed Wii price drop...but will they finally listen?

News Source: GoNintendo

QUOTEEarlier last week, we had our first concrete evidence that points to a Wii price cut in October. While still not official, it's the closest we've come to having any sort of confirmation. Now that people are starting to talk about Wii price cuts less, they've moved onto DSi price cut rumors!

Word is that a DSi price cut is coming in at Toys R' Us...and it's happening tomorrow. There are a few qualifiers for thsi story that you guys should know. First off, it's unclear if the cut is for Canada only, or the U.S. as well. Second, it would seem that this cut pertains to TRU only, which makes it seem like more of a promotion than a cut. I guess we'll find out the real deal in less than 24 hours! Thanks to Jonny for the heads up!

News Source: GoNintendo

I wonder how this will work out. I'm doubting the DSi price cut but the Wii cut could happen. Makes it easier for me to get one and take it with me to the dorms next year lol.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If a dsi price cut came in then a lot of dsi owners will rage.
tongue.gif
The ds phat and ds lite never got a price cut did they? Well officially.

tnaught10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Wii price cut might happen due to the fact that the PS3 Slim has just been released for only $299, only 50 dollars more than the Wii and a whole lot more memory. Also, Microsoft just had a huge price cut on their elite system dropping that as well to $299 again just a little bit more money but definitely alot more bang for the buck. As the PS3 and Xbox have more FPS titles than the wii and more exclusive titles, the price drop for the Wii would grab the attention of a lot of would be buyers.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
BoxShot said:
If a dsi price cut came in then a lot of dsi owners will rage.
tongue.gif
The ds phat and ds lite never got a price cut did they? Well officially.
In Europe the DS Phat costed only 120 euros after the DS Lite released for 150 euros. I think that was a official price cut, correct me if I'm wrong.

The Wii price cut might happen. Although Nintendo certainly still sells enough Wii's, I think they can drop a dollar or 50 to make sure people keep buying the Wii instead of the PS3 or 360. I don't think the PS3 is real competition for the Wii, but the Xbox 360 is because of the price. Think about all the parents that will be buying a console this christmas!

I don't think a DSi price cut will happen, and if it happens it will be dropped to 150 euros. But the DS Lite still sells well, so I don't see Nintendo doing that. I think the DSi will get a lower price in a few years when Nintendo announces a new handheld.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I was going to by a DSI with Soul Silver when it comes out but when I saw the price tag I changed my mind instantly.

What ever happened to handhelds being CHEAP?

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see that nintendo might cut the price of the wii. However, I would also like to see a price cut in the DSi. Maybe then I could purchase that pink DSi I have had my eyes on. I am hopeful this rumor is true.

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
what they should do is cut the prices on the wii remotes and nunchucks and sell the AS A PACK.
I hope they drop the price on the wii though and release new colors. I dont really care if they drop the price for the dsi because i already have one so meh.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why the hell is a Wii price cut even necessary lets look at the competition, sure you can get a 360 for the same price lacking a hard drive and headset not to mention having to pay for XBox Live. And the PS3 is an extra 100 so when you look at what you get with Wii 250 is a fairly reasonable price.

But another way you can look at it is their lowering the price of the Wii to bring in a Wii HD upgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: