Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
wii2bluray1080p.jpg

QUOTE said:
This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.

Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worlwide annoucement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz. Official pictures are not yet available, and more specs will be released in due course.

Why do we believe it at all ?

* Artik from Logic-Sunrise.com has regularly provided news to MaxConsole and has a lot of 'insider' contacts.

* Nintendo has suggested that it's time they embraced high definition technology for the Wii and Blu-ray has firmly established itself. So a Wii 2 with Blu-ray support does make sense.
...Lolwut? Seriously? I have my doubts about this, especially about the Blu-ray drive, but we'll see.

Source

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know.. movie support? Nintendo's never really into these console that can multitask. They pretty much built consoles/handhelds with only the games in mind. It's only because of homebrew which the Wii can watch DVD movies. Although Ps2 has been out for the longest time, Nintendo still didn't decide to take the idea of allowing a Wii to play DVD movies.

So.. I would say that part of the leak information is false based on my perspective. Blu-ray could be a possibility.. but Nintendo is always a generation behind. Maybe they'll just go Dual-layer.

Edit: and by dual layer, I mean the games that are gonna come out as dual layers instead of single. Wii already has the ability to do that but rarely do games come out as dual layer.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow i know nintnedo will never make a wii 2 maybe call it something elise but not wii 2 because if its a new systen they will want a new game and nintendo wont do blu-ray thats why the ps3 dosnt see as much to expensive just for blu-ray the 360 dosnt even have 360

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bluray? The second I read that it only confirmed my thoughts that this is false.

And the scheme for trading in old games.....aint gonna happen. All I want from Nintendo is a Wii that can output at least 720p. No change in any processors or anything. The wiis graphics aren't as horrible make them out (okay some are). Its stretching a 480p image onto a 47" 1080p television that kills me. So jaggy and so ugly!

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lies all lies... Nintendo is always behind the times why would they ever want to get ahead of the game?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintendo havnt even gave a nintendo micend software for dvd yet i no they wont do blu-ray intill another 3 systems like it took them long enought to get cd that wernt even full size lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:
I'll believe it when I see it....

True dat.

I don't think everyone will start toting Bluray drives next generation, and a 2010 release date seems a little too early, especially with the Wii raking in good sales and with a nice crop of games scheduled for release (NMH 2, SMG 2, new Zelda game, Red Steel 2, The Grinder, etc). I say 2011 by the earliest.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
Rock Raiyu said:
lol stop piracy with a bluray drive? Can't we still use HDDs?
DLing games would still take a crap load of time.

Most likely the Wii2 will be an unhackable system like the PS3. Well the era of console piracy is coming to an end hopefully Nintendo will have digital distribution of retail games for the Wii2.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How would this be anywhere near having "Wii 2's" specs leaked. The only thing said that even remotely resembles specs in that quote is the fact that it's gonna have Blu-ray.

Not to mention that this thing reeks of falseness.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know, this isn't a complete impossibility. Just because Microsoft said they wouldn't put a blu-ray drive in their console, that doesn't automatically mean Nintendo won't do it.

Remember that Microsoft and which ever company had HD DVD (Toshiba?) were together when the disc wars were going on. It's not a complete improbability that Nintendo won't put a blu-ray drive in there next console, like most of you are ruling out.

This is good for Nintendo. The blu-ray will really be a big help in bringing down the world of piracy. Of course, if blu-ray disc gets cheaper, that won't help either.

Sony had it good.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next week I'll leak info of the true successor to the DS which I'll call it Nintendo DSi3g and I'll make some bad art for it as well as make up specs. I have insider information but I wont say who from.

And that is how to increase site traffic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2