[Rumor]Waninkoko to release CFW for PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TwinRetro, Jan 17, 2011.

1. gjac1

gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2005
    ****Had to remove link as it contained firmware files*****

UNBRICK YOUR PS3!!!

just seen this posted on another forum, good luck guys [​IMG]

Cheers to all the people with a brick…
    I fixed a brick on my 60gb(launch-console) with the 3.50 to 3.41 downgrade-method:

Download this package *********************

After unrar the package, put the data inside the “Lv2diag.self FILE 1 folder” to the root of a normal usb-stick.

Take the “PS3UPDAT.PUP” inside “Modified 3.41 PUP” folder, create this folder structure on your usb-stick:
    PS3->UPDATE

2. j0k3r

j0k3r GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Thx for nothing waninkoko, I tryed your fucking cfw, and brick my PS3, and if we could meet us in real ife, I would cut your head off, you cocksucker ...

3. gjac1

gjac1 GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2005
    j0k3r, try the method i posted above, as i said i cant post the link here but if you google a part of the txt i posted, you are sure to find the forum this info came from along with the link [​IMG]

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm sure the CFW was released with the usual disclaimer: "use at your own risk". Nobody is telling you to install CFW, and it's nobody's fault if the PS3 bricks as a result of it.

5. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    lol

6. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    I know, I bet the CFW works fine but the eager beavers who think this is an immediate answer for backup loading. Hahahaha

7. TwinRetro
    OP

TwinRetro Former Staff

Former Staff
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Well, I'm sticking with Geohot's CFW. It would be nice to backup the games I have, but it's not that important to me. I'm fine with my homebrew.

8. ChaseRahl

ChaseRahl Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2009
    United States

Hey, I also bricked, looking to try this method, but not knowing where to start. PM maybe? Thanks

9. Delta517

Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
    Lets just hope Wanin don't get himself into the same kind of trouble like GeoHotz . [​IMG]

10. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Seems to me that the only consoles that are being bricked are the ones where people don't follow the instructions, update from Geohots CFW, 3.41 etc. Make sure you are on 3.55 OFW first, and that the MD5 checksum of the PS3UPDAT.PUP you created with bspatch is 6eab7f1deea1ed46a1dc9924fd7080b3. Then install the update from recovery mode.

11. Riicky

Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2009
    United States
    Reading,Pennsylvania

Agreed! I just did 4 ps3's (250gb slim,120gb slim,40gb fat,60gb fat)...the slims were on Geo's 3.55 so i reverted back to 3.55 OFW then just installed the wanin cfw from recovery mode. The 2 fats were on 3.41 so I updated to 3.55 OFW then installed Wanin's cfw

As you also stated, I verified the MD5 before touching anything. Also would be a good thing to note, that alot of people are downloading pre-patched FW's...dont trust em

12. fattest

fattest GBAtemp Fan

Aug 8, 2009
    United States
    sorry to be a noob... CFW = custom firmware?

13. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Japan
    Yes.

14. bytor

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    Waninkoko has no worries about that mate, he's Spanish and living in Spain as far as I know and Sony lost a court case over there. Jailbreaking is perfectly legal in Spain.

I'm still going to wait a month or two before I sort out my PS3, although I suspect that the bricks are caused by people not following the instructions properly.

15. TrickyTony

TrickyTony GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    Anyone know how to get this running with MultiMan. I placed the pkg on the usb drive but I get an error every time (tried three different downloads).

16. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    PS3-hacks:
    EDIT: No i'm not going to try, whoops. Forgot I had a slim, ahah. I should NOT make decisions just after waking up.

17. fiddlefaddle22

fiddlefaddle22 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2008
    The only pkg's i can get to work are the 3.41 ones.

18. synce

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    Comoros
    If the 256MB NAND comment is true, I wonder why slims were bricked too. Maybe we can get some kind of confirmation list going, like people's model #, what they updated from, and brick status

(from ps3-hacks)

* FAT NAND SIZE
    o CECHA = 256MB
    o CECHB = 256MB
    o CECHC = 256MB
    o CECHE = 256MB
    o CECHG = 256MB
    o CECHH = 16MB
    o CECHJ = 16MB
    o CECHK = 16MB
    o CECHL = 16MB
    o CECHM = 16MB
    o CECHP = 16MB
    o CECHQ = 16MB
    * SLIM NAND SIZE
    o CECH-20..A = 16MB
    o CECH-20..B = 16MB
    o CECH-21..A = 16MB
    o CECH-21..B = 16MB
    o CECH-250.A = 16MB
    o CECH-250.B = 16MB
    o CECH-250.A = 16MB
    o CECH-250.B = 16MB
    o CECH-251.A = 16MB
    o CECH-251.B = 16MB

19. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    This is because you're not in the clear no matter what model you have. Also, having a 256MB NAND model doesn't mean your ps3 would brick. I assume someone successfully managed to upgrade with those as well, but it seems they're most likely to fail.

Edit: I see in the comments of a site that has the firmware that some people with 60GB model CECHA with 256MB NAND have successfully upgraded. I would not risk it myself though.

20. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    Just out of curiosity, why did the NAND size decrease? It didn't have anything to do with PS2 BC did it...?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted