[Rumor] Valve Leaks, Reveals Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2, and more!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Now, Gahars," I hear you implore, "Surely that title is a tad long. Is there no way you could condense it in some way so as to make it more readable?"

"Nay," I say, "Not while the hour of our enlightenment is at hand! Behold, a software malfunction has allowed us a glimpse into the inner workings of Valve, and the knowledge bestowed upon us is glorious beyond human comprehension!"

To which you reply, "Oh, neato."

Evidence of several internal projects at Valve including Half-life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Source 2 and many others have been discovered from a mailing list found within project management and bug tracking software, Jira.

The images submitted to us from an anonymous source show several mailing list groups of interest, although we do not have the full list at this stage. The first image shows the mailing group for "Half-life 3" including 42 employees in this cabal, which we believe to be quite a significant number, given Valve employ approximately 300~ individuals.

...The image also shows several "Left 4 Dead 3" mailing lists. We don't know who are in these cabals but, based on these images, we can estimate games further in the development pipeline have multiple mailing lists, suggesting Left 4 Dead 3 is potentially in active development.

The third image shows several Source 2 groups. Source 2's development is no secret, however the number of groups suggest the engine is very deep into development, which comes as no surprise.
:arrow: Valve Time

Some other listings found? "Stars of Blood", "Return to Ravenholm", "Episode 3" / "Episode 3 Movie", "Hardware" / "Hardware Core", "SteamMMO" / "SteamMMO Core", "F-Stop", "Steam Box", and, of course, "gayben".

For Valve fans, this is the mother of all motherloads. The data uncovered is continuing to be scoured for more clues and hints at what the company has cooking behind closed doors (*insert Gabe Newell is fat joke here*).

Needless to say, I find this all kind of exciting (if it's all true, that is). It's a bit like peeking at the presents the night before Christmas. Plus, tantalizing little morsels like this make the waiting a lot more fun. Beyond all that jazz, I think it's always cool to see how Valve turns.

Of course, knowing Valve, we won't actually see any of this stuff until the heat death of the universe. Still, better perpetually, eternally late than never, I suppose.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"They are finally gonna release Half Life 3"

tumblr_mkgac1KxZF1s6enrfo1_400.gif

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Wow, so Valve learned to count to 3. Took them long enough. Well, can't wait to play Left 4 Dead 3. The others were fun as hell. And I don't exactly like FPS games...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ekko25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum