OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
senseg-tactile-display.jpg
Remember Senseg's tactile screen displays? Well, last December the company showed off a screen that used an electrostatic field to simulate friction and textures on the glass. Such technology was a couple of years away from being commercially viable, but there's a tiny glimmer of a chance it might be the new killer iPad feature. Pocket-lint spoke to a company rep who cryptically said that the company wasn't making any statements until "after Apple's announcement."
Maybe that line in Apple's invitation to today's event is another clue: "We have something you really have to see. And Touch."

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems interesting and technologically wonderful but I doubt it being useful. I have a feeling it'll be that "prize puppy" feature. Basically it you bring to all your friends and go "DUDE TOUCH MY SCREEN" and then they go "WOAH MAN WHAT'S THAT" and you're like "IT'S THE LATEST IPAD BECAUSE I'M RICH".

I never found anything technologically wrong with the original iPads, allowing me to feel fuzzy fur won't do much for me.

Reactions: 5 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 3 people

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is for real it does open up new possibilities for the visually impaired.
Other than some gimmicky games using it I can imagine much else use for the technology yet, but some people can get VERY creative with new tech, and new standards may emerge.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lol its just texture but it aint gonna hurt u because pressure = force over area. if there is small area there is larger pressure hence cutting can occur and therefore since the screen has large area therefore the.... umm yeah
the braille idea seems absolutely fantastic.

and its probably gonna be super strong glass like gorilla whereby u punch at it and it wont break (its been tested)

D

Deleted-236924

That would be useful for emulators.
Hopefully onscreen controls won't be as annoying as before now.

Reactions: 1 person

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dpad/titties/razor virus etc all great ideas, I can't wait for the Android equivalent, although I'm more interested in the upcoming monitor glasses and I don't wanna feel the dpad/titties/razor on my eyeballs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended