Rumor: SSFIV3D To Connect To Nintendo’s New System?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by MakiManPR, Apr 8, 2011.

1. MakiManPR
    OP

Banned MakiManPR Banned

Puerto Rico
    Thanks to 3DSBuzz

Does a recent statement about 3DS connectivity reveal plans for the long-rumored Wii successor? Read and speculate inside.

Now that Nintendo’s 3D handheld is out of the factory line and into the sweaty hands of gamers worldwide, many have speculated just what the company plans to do with their Wii console. After all, it wouldn’t do for the Big N to keep supporting the aging hardware (especially with no new games out for the foreseeable future) when their new handheld is (arguably) more powerful. Many industry “experts” have already speculated that the announcement of a Wii successor is quickly upon us. But one comment by a man known to leak out info like it was free candy may have given us the biggest hint yet.

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono has gone on record saying that his most recent game, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, will have a connectivity feature to an unnamed video game system. Ono went on to say that he can’t divulge any further details until three months from now, which would conveniently place the announcement at this year’s E3 event at Los Angeles.

The simplest and most reasonable explanation would be that Ono is referring to some sort of upcoming interactivity with the 3DS and the Wii, perhaps further compounded by releasing a Wii version of Super Street Fighter IV. But with the Wii continuing to lose momentum and the expectations for a high definition successor increasing by the day, the timing does seem perfect for Nintendo to finally announce their newest console, be it an upgraded HD version of the Wii or a brand new system that’s powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

It still remains speculation at this point, but it can be said without a doubt that Nintendo will have something big planned for this year’s E3, 3DS or otherwise.

2. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If Nintendo makes me buy a new console, I will cry. I still like my wii [​IMG]

3. MakiManPR
    OP

Banned MakiManPR Banned

Puerto Rico

C'mon its time Nintendo give us a new powerful console, The Wii is almost death now just look at the sales and if Nintendo reveal it a E3 wont release until Christmas so we will have time to save some money

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    They've had a WiiHD designed but have been holding onto it so the 3DS could wiggle out and because the Wii itself still until more recently has been carrying itself quite well in the lead ...which is now all but fried in enough places. All I know is it exists and the controllers they rolled out with WMPlus in them will be there in this but even more refined. Outside that, no idea, just what I get dropped to me from my brother who works for one of the larger third party licensees.

5. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Even if they do announce some sort of Wii Sequel it'll probably be a year or two before we see it released. The current Wii is already making Nintendo most of it's money anyway.

As long as they stick to Mario they should be fine [​IMG]

6. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I eagerly await Nintendo's new system. I'm very interested in what they have in store for us.

7. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So with this we are going to assume 2 things:
    1. A wii successor
    2. SSF4 on the new console
    But with that leaked ssf4 AE dlc trailer and since ssf4 AE is alrdy out in arcades would that mean that capcom is going to release ssf4 AE on this new console [​IMG]
    Also as a sidenote i expected wii 2 to be out b4 the 3ds... i mean cmon the wii has been dying for awhile but the ds could have still gone for awhile pokemon b/w barely came out and we still have that new kirby game for the ds.

8. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    i didn't like my wii at all, it have been fucked up 5 times xd

9. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Ono actually said this during an interview with Eurogamer
    Eurogamer: Do you see a future when you'll be able to play Street Fighter on a home console and then transport your profile onto a handheld when you leave the home and continue playing? Is cross-platform play between home and portable consoles possible?

Yoshinori Ono: Yeah, I think we're probably three months too early to answer that question. But if you're going to be at E3, see you there.[/p]
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-...nterview?page=2

As I said in another thread, he may be referring to the Wii/PS3/360. Also, he didn't confirm or deny any form of connectivity. He merely hinted that something may be revealed at E3.

@OP: I suggest you change the post to something less misleading and that has a quote of what he actually said.