Rumor: Skate 2 demo coming Jan. 08?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Jan 1, 2009.

Jan 1, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"According to a new Xbox.com listing for an upcoming Skate 2 Download & Win giveaway, a fresh Skate 2 game demo will be available for download off the Xbox Live Marketplace come Thursday, January 8th. Maybe earlier.

The Download & Win page explains that, in order to enter the giveaway, gamers must first register then "download the free Skate 2 demo between January 8 - 15." A statement that (thanks to our unnaturally high intellectual thought process) makes us believe that a Skate 2 demo will be downloadable via the XBLM on January 8th. Oh, and if the demo does release on the 8th, be sure to enter the Download & Win to score some nifty skate prizes.'

Source

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Wait, I thought that the Need for Speed & Skate franchise were discontinued and shut-down?
    Doesn't that squash the rumor?

Am I missing something here? [​IMG]

3. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Skate 2 had finished development at the time of the announcement about EA's Black Box being shut down.
    I don't think they would be ready to drop the game after paying for it's full development and not yet selling it.

We may still see Skate 3 but not by Black Box.

That is my opinion on it anyway, I can't wait for Skate 2.

4. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Black Box did get shut down and it was not finished. They moved the game over to a new EA Studio to finish it and there may not be a Skate 3.