1. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    How much you wanna bet the joycon drift ain't gonna be fixed at all in this "pro" model?
    Since, their words, the problem doesn't exist/doesn't affect anyone.

Wavy and CallmeBerto like this.
  2. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Y'know, this is something I've felt like I wanted to happen for quite a while, but looking at my Switch library now, I'm not sure how much benefit there would really be to it. Astral Chain is the one title which I feel desperately needs a bump to 60 FPS, but everything else is either already at 60 FPS, or not action-based so it doesn't matter much. Other than indies I don't buy any third-party games on Switch, either.

I suppose people who use Switch as their primary gaming console stand to benefit most from this, along with people who intend to hack it. For my part I'll just have to wait and see if any of the trade-in deals for my OG Switch are enticing.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  4. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Riley fails at pronouncing 'SciresM' in LMG's TechLinked report on this rumor article (4:29).

felix.200, RaptorDMG and banjo2 like this.
  5. 1NOOB

1NOOB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Iv got the deja vu feeling . Anyone ? Im sticking with my idea of a super switch and super dock , you could even add hdmi to switch lite , then you got a new console retrocompatible .

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Pro? 4K?

The Switch isn't even capable of running flawlessly at 1080p. Mario Odyssey only runs at 900p.

7. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Fan

Madagascar
    I'll be leaning to a PS4 to PS5 kind of game upgrade (not in terms of power), where the devs can provide a graphics/performance update for this, and not trample on the OG Switch.

spotanjo3 likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Oh boy more patches!

It'll be hard to preserve modern games since they rely so heavily on patches, updates and downloadable content (the easiest of the three).

AkiraKurusu and DarkCoffe64 like this.
  9. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Mexico
    I personally believe that is going to be some sort of new dock and maybe a cheaper screen to compensate the 4k for tv mode,maybe with an option to use it on the original version as well

10. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well it's a good thing I waited to buy one (mostly because I'm broke....).

11. Wavy

Wavy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    The odd thing about Nintendo saying that drift "isn't a thing" is that around a year ago they said they'll repair Joy-Cons for free. And this was also when the Joy-Con drift lawsuit began I believe, which makes Nintendo recent statement on Joy-Con drift even weirder and quite contradictory.

About Joy-Con drift not being fixed on the Switch Pro, Nintendo could update the sticks themselves to be better overall, but hey who knows.

snootaiscool and DarkCoffe64 like this.
  12. Drogy

Drogy Member
    Newcomer

Bermuda
    new :switch: sound, Hdmi :teach:.......

13. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Considering the console as it is, is at its best when it's docked...it is a Switch upgrade, in my eyes.
    The most recent true handheld is the 3DS XL, honestly; the Switch is a home console with portability on the side. It's capable of it, but clearly doesn't focus on it.

Anyway, this is nice, but I likely won't be buying one until I can run homebrew on it - I rely on Checkpoint and EdiZon SE too much for OFW-only to be worth the money.

14. Mr_Lameandwatch

Newcomer

United States
    Ever since i saw the specs around the time the switch was revealed, i immediately said "i'll wait for the better one"
    The first version of most nintendo consoles are always the least desirable ones to have as time goes on.

15. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

heaven forbid developers improve a games performance on newer hardware with a free patch

16. AkiraKurusu

Australia
    4K's overrated; 1080p's just fine, especially if the system can focus on frame rate instead of meaningless pixel depth.

Imagine Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with raytracing. That'd be gorgeous AND fun to play!
    Or Luigi's Mansion 3; that'd be stellar, too.

Elrinth and 1B51004 like this.
  17. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Yes... we need raytracing in Xenoblade 2.... for reasons not at all connected with Pneuma

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  18. AkiraKurusu

Australia
    I was thinking of swimsuit-Morag, actually, or swimsuit-Nia.

Kinda funny the main Water members are both feline, actually.

19. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Dock upgrade with Realtek chip AI upscaling for 4k maybe. I hope it will look good though. Also, maybe that chip will improve the FPS in games, that would also be interesting to see.

20. Ottoclav

Ottoclav Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been thinking this same thing. How hard would it be to take the Switch architecture and put it into a dock-sized console with newer tech and backwards compatibility with switch cartridges and software?

1B51004 and AkiraKurusu like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - information, speculates, datamine