OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
If you own a Nintendo DS and are looking for a good game to play, here's a suggestion: Go pick up Robocalpyse. Developed by Vogster Entertainment, the handheld real-time strategy title was ridiculous solid, with clever writing, a unique style, and impressive touch-screen gameplay mechanics.

Why am I telling you this now? Well, it looks like there's a sequel in the works for Nintendo's other gaming system, the Wii. According to his LinkedIn profile, writer Micah Wright is currently with Vogster and he's working on -- you guessed it -- Robacalypse II for the Wii since at least December of last year.

source: http://www.destructoid.com/robacalypse-seq...ii-121864.phtml

The DS game was pretty cool.. and I can see this working on the Wii, the console control is perfect for RTS games.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CockroachMan said:
The DS game was pretty cool.. and I can see this working on the Wii, the console control is perfect for RTS games.
i beg to differ. there are times the point controls of the Wii Mote are not very responsive. It will get tedious in the midst of battle. Unlike the DS, it's hard to actually point where you want to point on the first wave of the wiimote, so i'd say they should just make another sequel for the DS with WIFI!!!!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...interesting. This will probably be the first bona fide RTS (with base building and all that) on Wii. I do see sa1's point, though, and it will be interesting to see how it pans out. If it's the same team, I'll be cheering them on, and I think they might pull it off.

The thing is, though the Wii, like the DS, does, of course, offer a similar level of control as a mouse, you're moving the remote in midair, which definitely hasn't been quite as precise as moving around on a mousepad. Now, for an FPS, it's a trade-off that's hardly noticeable. But how will it feel for an RTS if done right? Either way, it's about time someone delved into it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I've got my wiimote & sensor bar set up just perfectly, I'm always accurate with pointing with most well developed titles that require you to drag a pointer around. Its become natural to me, no effort at all.

Looking forward to this game, if it was on another home console I'd be more worried about the controls, RTS games usually grate on me when I use a analogue or d-pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all