rumor: retailers say no to mini games collections for wii

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's about time someone at least semi-official spoke up against the pathetic amounts of shovelware on Ninty systems. Unfortunately, crappy mini-game collections are but a small percentage of the shovelware problem.

I think the biggest problem is that there is a sucker born every minute, but they take years to die.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there's gonna be a ton of exceptions to this rule. In fact, I think it was poorly thought out. Just say no to the Imagine games instead.
glare.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is a bit too little too late. I'm not sure every release needs to be AAA, but there's no need for 75% of the minigame $20 bargain bin crap, Imagine, Babyz, Horsez, etc. None. Look over @ Metacritic at the decent games available for Wii compared to PS3 and 360. And I mean percentage of games per console/by aggregate score. It's sad really.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hey maybe if no one buys them then nintendo will stop releasing them....
There's so much crap on the wii and the ds.....if a company would just take of all this crap they produce, throw it away and put some effort into at least one good game then maybe they'd actually sell something instead wasting time, money and resources on this bull crap!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jesterscourt said:
Look over @ Metacritic at the decent games available for Wii compared to PS3 and 360.
you can either choose from the crappy sw shit on the wii OR mainly shooters and button mashers on the 360/ps3 it's a dead loss both ways. this gen IMO is the worst yet for ALL the consoles and even the PC. gaming is being replaced with online being more important than actual gameplay BS and i DON'T LIKE IT!
mad.gif

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty good move. In my opinion, I think the Wii is f#cked up, well not about the graphics or something like that. Becaus of all the casual games wich one of them is fun, bt now almost or maybe the most of the games on wii are casual and shovelware titles.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be funny if you guys could tell the difference between actual shovelware (shoe-string budget shelf filling bullshit) and NICHE GIRL/KID GAMES (the Imagine series, some of which have received GOOD reviews, indicating NON shovelware) but no, let's feed the anti nintendo fanboys by lumping all the niche girl titles with the shovelware.

Carnival Games is NOT shovelware, despite it's mediocrity.

Sorry if "girl games" is sexist, I don't know how else to classify them

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem with games aimed at young girls as long as the game is actually well made. Unfortunately, 90% of said games aren't. Have you ever tried playing some of these games? They think putting a pony in the game is all they have to do. The rest of the game is slapped on. Doesn't matter that said pony controls like a German tank around the obstacles, because it has a pony in it.

Sanderino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jumpman17 said:
I have no problem with games aimed at young girls as long as the game is actually well made. Unfortunately, 90% of said games aren't. Have you ever tried playing some of these games? They think putting a pony in the game is all they have to do. The rest of the game is slapped on. Doesn't matter that said pony controls like a German tank around the obstacles, because it has a pony in it.

Well, such games don't exist, right? Or do you have some kind of example? And after all, it's just a matter of taste right?

Sanderino

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
Sanderino said:
Well, such games don't exist, right??

look at pretty much 80% of the ds games are horse garbage they pretty much release a new fucking horse game every week!
laugh.gif

Haha no, I don't mean those games, but games like, theo ne I quoted. I tought he said something about a horse game, but actually good or osmething like that. I dunno anymore..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.