rumor: retailers say no to mini games collections for wii

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
A Gamasutra article published late last week carries an interesting rumour; namely, that two of America's biggest retailers have told publishers they won't be stocking any more Wii mini game compilations.

Gama's Paul Hyman writes "Stores like Target and Best Buy have reportedly told game publishers not to even bother approaching them with collections of mini games, which they will no longer pick up."

If true, it's a welcome move, though probably far too late to have any impact on the Wii's image as a haven for cheap shovelware.

Also makes you wonder where they'll draw the line, as some of those "collections of mini games" - like T2's Carnival Games series - have actually sold well. Real well.
source:as always
edit:i forgot to add ''for wii'' on topic title can any mod please add it? thanks!

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do the same with the DS. But then there'd be hardly any DS games!
smileipb2.png

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think their mini game collection meant DS-type games which are not actually really expressive
it could be due to the recession hence they dont wanna put something ppl wont be buying and/or the space a game hogs on the shelf can be detrimental

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mezut360 said:
what about warioware
Of course they will still sell that, same with the ones that do sell. Sad case is that a lot sell over a million.

They should stop with Popcorn arcade.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richy Freeway said:
RupeeClock said:
Don't worry, instead they'll put the games on wiiware where no gullible grandparents will buy this shit for your birthday.
smile.gif
All my grandparents are dead you insensitive clod!
Yaow! Come down! it's just an example of how those crapy games get to our own game shelves. Besides grandparents just want to give us something we like....a video game even if it's one that sucks bawls xD

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PharaohsVizier said:
Any exceptions? I mean are they going to give the boot to the next Mario Party?
tongue.gif
i don't think so, almost any thing with''Mario'' on it's title sell a lot (mario print money too
tongue.gif
)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank goodness, that will at least phase out 30% of the shovelware from store shelves, now if they can phase out the horse and imagine style games.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Thank goodness, that will at least phase out 30% of the shovelware from store shelves, now if they can phase out the horse and imagine style games.

That's another yet greater battle to fight
frown.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Any exceptions? I mean are they going to give the boot to the next Mario Party?
tongue.gif
Depends on how well Mario Party sells as well. It is a Nintendo made game, doubt they would say no to Nintendo. I think it's more the crap that few people actually buy that the stores have to ask full price for despite the fact that they aren't worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/