[RUMOR] Report claims Super Mario Galaxy along with other Mario games will be remastered this year

7001907.jpg

Nintendo's mascot is celebrating his 35th anniversary this year, with some possible remasters on the way to mark the occasion, if some rumors are to be believed. News website Video Game Chronicle issued a story claiming that Nintendo would be releasing "several" major games, which would include "most of the Super Mario back catalog, remastered for the Nintendo Switch". VGC's sister site, Eurogamer, also corroborated the story, with their own sources hinting at Super Mario Galaxy being one of the remastered mystery games. Yet another reporting site, Gematsu, made its own separate claims that Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario 3D World would be involved, alongside a brand new Paper Mario reveal. Only time will tell if these rumors turn out to be true, but they certainly would be major announcements, if so.

[UPDATE]

The original story has been updated, with the outlet providing more concrete details from their alleged source. Supposedly, Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1 will be released as "a special anniversary collection", instead of just straight ports. That release will be followed up with a Deluxe version of the Wii U's Super Mario 3D World, featuring new content. Finally, a new Paper Mario game is rumored, with the site claiming it'll be a "return to the series' RPG roots".

:arrow: Source

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This isn't so far fetched considering that Super Mario Galaxy already was ported to the Nvidia Shield, which is essentially the same as the Switch, over in China quite a while ago.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though let's all be real havin a 35th anniversary is ott after 30 it should always go in 10s and tht way any remasters wil look and should improve mor significantly

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If these actually get announced, my wallet will pretty much be empty for the rest for the year. But then again there's only 2 days until April Fools so

I wonder if SEGA could do something like this for Sonic's 30th next year

Last edited by James_,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario 64 worth the remake the others' i don't care for them maybe 3D world but i don't recall that one...

Reactions: James_

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if anyone realises yet but Eurogamer have updated the report and Mario 64 & Super Mario Sunshine has officially been confirmed which is so cool! Finally Mario Sunshine is coming..

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I enjoyed Mario64 on my NDS. I wonder how it will look on the Switch. But damn it, still no Wario :( I had Wario II on my GBC and I loved that game!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget. This came out one day before April 1st.
Very true but Mario Sunshine has been on the horizon for a while now, it’s only a matter of time before it’s announced. I also doubt eurogamer would report anything like this if it was supposed to be an April fools joke.

Last edited by Reecey,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot begin to tell you how damn exited I am for remaster of Galaxy but for me Super Mario 3D World will make this year so happy for me

Great news !!

Reactions: kop365

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably won't turn out like this but imagine this:

The Super Mario Collection

Including Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy all remastered for HD in ONE cartridge. A guy can dream

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think they'll just rerelease suepr mario 3d world as they already have the ported engine in captin toad treasure tracker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM