[RUMOR] Report claims next iPad name to be iPad HD and NOT iPad 3

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry if this isn't considered worthy as 'news'. I fully understand this isn't confirmed info (by Apple at least) but many webs are posting this supposed news. Mods please move this thread to the relevant section/lock it if needed.

Latest reports suggest that the next generation iPad, or successor to iPad 2, will not be named iPad 3; but rather a iPad HD.

That’s what happened Monday, and that’s why I’m prepared to cast caution aside and call it: the device we’ll be watching Apple unveil on Wednesday is called the iPad HD, not the iPad 3.

Sources:
http://mashable.com/2012/03/05/ipad-hd/

And

http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-hd-tipped-as-third-generation-ipad-05216930/

The second link also has the stream to the iPad 'HD' event if you're interested.

I'll be putting a 'rumor' in the title as Apple hasn't confirmed any of this info. Either way, it's 2 days left... So I'll just wait.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
We'll see in 24 hours or 48 hours max, I'm looking forward to seeing it but not that much. I'm more looking forward to pricedrops for any iPad, would be nice to see that.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We'll see in 24 hours or 48 hours max, I'm looking forward to seeing it but not that much. I'm more looking forward to pricedrops for any iPad, would be nice to see that.
If Apple follows the thrend, it will drop the iPad 2 and sell the HD starting from 499.

In other rumors (this is a true rumor), Apple is *possibly* preparing a 7.1" iPad.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Latest rumors suggest Apple may drop the 64GB capacity and go with a 8GB iPad 2 instead. Sounds a little illogical to me since Apple already has a 64GB iPhone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/more-ipad-3-rumor-goodness-16gb-and-32gb-models-coming-8gb-ipad-2-ready-as-well/2012/03/01/gIQAzkEIvR_story.html

Oh. But the 8GB iPad does seem likely.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could definitely see it being called iPad HD. Companies that release a new revision every year typically like to find a way to hide how many of the same product they've released. Madden games all end in the year rather than game number, Call Of Duty games are branched off into different names despite being the same games, just so no one realizes that the latest CoD is like number 9 or so. Etc. Etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: