RUMOR PSP 2 coming 2011, will have touchscreen and two cameras

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the topic to be less misleading. Added the word rumor since that's what it is, seems less like an announcement.
tongue.gif

Ontopic- Not going to be a fanboy here, but lately all Sony can do is imitate Nintendo to try to sell their products. Their strategy for succeeding in the video game market as of late has been this-

1- bash competitor's products into the ground and use the catch words like "kiddy", "casual", etc
2- wait for the sales to see what system did better, all the while still bashing the other companies
3- when the competitors turn out to be successful, copy everything they do
4- continue to bash the competitors despite almost no difference and try to say your tech is better when it isn't

So what we have here is a huge load of hypocrisy. I was a Sony fanboy in about equal amounts that i am a Nintendo fanboy for quite a long time, loving the PS1 and PS2. But now, they're becoming a joke, an insulting and condescending joke. There's nothing unheard of about bashing your competition, but stealing the tech from the competition while pretending it's new and does things the other ones can never do is ridiculous and childish. It's terrible business too. I think Guild put it in another thread that if a company has to use competitor's hardware to succeed, there's something very wrong.

And this is not bashing either Move or this alleged PSP2. They could both turn out to be decent for all i know. But i am bashing Sony's attempts at ripping Nintendo off and their constant childish rock throwing. It's insulting not only to Nintendo, but potential gamers who own Nintendo. That condescending attitude never worked. And the one other company who tried it back in the bit wars is no longer a game system maker (SEGA).

Sorry to those who love Sony and are huge fanboys who won't hear anything against their company, but as an unbiased participant in this console generation, i have to call their marketing practices out as very childish and derivative. All they seem capable of nowadays is copying and mud slinging. Reminds me of politics... >_>

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just hope it'll house a nice processor that reaches PS2 level rendering capability, if not more.

It'll be great for emulation of older games. Maybe GC.
That is mainly what I use my PSP for now. After going through the whole library of the PSP, which is about 3 games, I proceeded to play all those GBA and SNES games I missed in my youth by lack of money. I just finished Metroid: Fusion. I'm hoping there will be PS2 classics, similar to the PSone classics out already. Then, I'll have a great time with it. (But c'mon, get a fricking second god damn nub for shit's sake. Really! Two more shoulder buttons would also be nice, but how would that work anyways?)

I hope they scrap the stupid cameras and touchscreen.
But then again, if it's incredibly fast, it could be used to emulate DS games with the touchscreen.

Now the camera... could be useful for... just about nothing.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BakuFunn said:
I just hope it'll house a nice processor that reaches PS2 level rendering capability, if not more.

Emulation of Gamecube with a PS2-level handheld? You know the PS2 was the least powerful of its generation, right? No way it could emulate Gamecube.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
BakuFunn said:

Emulation of Gamecube with a PS2-level handheld? You know the PS2 was the least powerful of its generation, right? No way it could emulate Gamecube.
The Cpu and GPU may be clocked higher but that doesn't necessarily mean its more powerful.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
this might be a good device for the homebrew scene and maybe as a camera.....nothing more. I like sony and all, but as far as the handheld area is concerned I just dont think sony can keep up with Nintendo. That's just me.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they are going to have a camera, it better be way more better then 0.3 megapixels . Way more better possibly beating 3ds ones if they change them.

psp2 I'm guessing would have the power of the ps2,make sense , and then to the ps3 power
tongue.gif

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A touch screen and two cameras? How original.

Laughing stock of the industry....

Sony is a non factor in the future portable wars. Sony is the new Sega.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RockmanForte said:
Sony always copy Nintendo. Always! Sony has no brain of their own.
and m$ nintendo always come up with the new toys (d-pad, analog stick, l-r buttons, cordless controller, motion controls and the rest copy
tongue.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IchigoSJ said:
The Cpu and GPU may be clocked higher but that doesn't necessarily mean its more powerful.

Most articles I've read on the issue indicate that Gamecube was, from a technical standpoint, more capable than the PS2. The PS2 had far more good game, which only goes to prove that graphics aren't always everything (something Sony forgot with the PS3).

My point was, something with PS2 power would have no chance of emulating a Gamecube. It would take significantly more power than a Gamecube had to actually emulate one, which is the case in emluating anything.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone noticed that Sony always releases after Nintendo?
It's like they wait for Nintendo to do something then try to do something better, which i admit they kind of do it better but just because they make improvements and then release it.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I totally agree with Granville one hundred percent. Really, they've been pretty much focusing on hardware than actual gameplay. It's pretty obvious when you look at it. Nintendo 64 - 93.75 MHz; PS1 - 33.8688 MHz. PS1 was highly successful because of the ease of piracy and it uss CD as a storage medium. Not because of power. Power isn't everything you know?

GameCube - 486 MHz; PS2 - 299MHz, Again, Due to ease of piracy and easy to develop for, It was very popular. However, it was not as powerful as the GCN.

This is the part where everything went wrong.

Nintendo Wii - 729MHz; PS3 - 3.2GHz. Lack on innovativeness (They've been using dual shocks since PS1!), No backwards compatibility, Piracy difficulty and huge price tag detered lots of people.

You may wonder why i've only used Nintendo and Sony. It's because of what happened in the SNES days that probably turned Sony and Nintendo into head on competitors.

Raw power doesn't always be successful. Message to Sony: Stop following in Nintendo's footsteps and come up with your own innovation.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
Touchscreen and two cameras in 2011? It seems I got my PSP2 in April 2009. And it's rather good.

Nah, Sony needs to get their own ideas rather than stealing them. Although I wouldn't mind if Nintendo stole LittleBigPlanet from them, it seems like the only PS3 game worth getting and it would suit the Wii much better.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you looked up some numbers then posted stuff as if you knew what they meant. "94 is a bigger number than 34 so it must be more powerful, right?" I suppose you're that guy who also asks people why his PC can't play PS3 because it has more ghz.

You are an awful person and should not say things in public.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Put those lawsuits away, Nintendo.
LOL I like how they said that, as though Nintendo is just a moneyhungry machine
unsure.gif
smileipb2.png

*Flame retardent suit*

Still, I don't like the idea of even one camera on a games console it just bumps the price up that much more. And PS aren't known for innovation really IMO they should focus on getting some good gameplay capabilities and software.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DeadLocked said:
QUOTE said:
Put those lawsuits away, Nintendo.
LOL I like how they said that, as though Nintendo is just a moneyhungry machine
unsure.gif
smileipb2.png
well they let sony steal the wii mote so i guess they'll let them steal the ds next. why they let them get away with this i don't understand...guess they just like the competition
blink.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's kind of like they're not threatened with any competition at this point. Not to the point as to actually file a lawsuit or anything. Ever noticed how Nintendo never attacks their competition over technology or whatever? That's what i like about them. I tolerate Sony for their games and such, but their attitude is like an annoying little child who likes to sling mud at people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.