RUMOR - PlayStation 4: Sony “confident” of pre-Xbox 720 release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Valwin, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Valwin
    OP

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico
    [​IMG]

Source

Is over Sony just destroy Xbox 720 and Wiiu

MOAR CORES CORES CORES

2. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Sony hasn't destroyed anything. Their reputation is still marred by their hacked fiasco. I will never trust Sony again, and if they are 'rushing' to release ahead of the new Xbox and the WiiU, it shows they are scared at the competition. Just my two pieces-o-eight.

... Oh wait, it's Valwin posting.... Inb4DERP didn't read who posted.

2 people like this.
  3. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    I won't be buying Sony or Microsoft this time around if they want to make games unable to be resold.

4 people like this.
  4. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    If it doesn't have all of that always-online DRM bullshit and its under 500$ I might get it.
    But if it does, it looks like Nintendo will be the only company I will be supporting next-gen.

5. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    If the official statement from Microsoft is worth anything, then yeah. If Sony does release a PS4 this year, it will be ahead of the next Xbox, since there won't be a new Xbox this year.

Edit: Also, Sega really needs to get back in the console business. Just sayin.

2 people like this.
  6. CollosalPokemon

CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    Umm, did Sony/Microsoft troll?

They said the PS4/720 would not be in this year's E3. (or was that just microsoft...?)

7. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    This I find hard to believe, but it's in line with wanting to rush out a new console as soon as possible. They wouldn't have time to design/manufacture a custom processor, and would have to make do with what's available.

2 people like this.
  8. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    They're talking about next years E3.

9. CollosalPokemon

CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    Although reading the rest it seems Sony/Microsoft haven't confirmed yet.

If the rumours are true about the 24-core processor I don't want to see the launch price tag for the PS4. (although with the 720 it's 'probably' going to be similar, being a next-gen console)

10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Sony has learned their lesson on pricing. The PS3 would probably be in a much higher standing than it is now if it didn't launch at $600. People thought the Vita was going to be atrociously overpriced but at $250, it was a steal. Even if it means they make little profit off console sales or even lose cash on console sales, they'll make the next PS3 affordable. I'd say under $500 is a reasonable assumption.

11. CollosalPokemon

CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    I see Sony did in fact "learn" their lesson after seeing the PS Vita Passport Program; Pay for what you already paid for. :lol:

12. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
  13. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    *In my best valley girl impression* Uh, AMD...Ewwwww!

But seriously guys, it looks like it's just going to be a consolized PC. I didn't look outside of Nintendo this generation and I don't see myself doing so next generation either. If I want to play PC games I've got a PC for that already.

Umm... http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/03/28/new-ps4-details-playstation-orbis-with-devs-already-features-anti-used-games-mechanism/

14. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Oh no, is Sony planning to pull a Wii U with PS4-Vita connectivity?

It won't work. The secret to a successful gimmick is not making it sold separately. Developers don't want to build their games around a function that only a small fraction of the market can take advantage of.

1 person likes this.
  15. stylow

stylow GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2010
    Netherlands
    I want that sony is going to do something original this time with the playstation i mean not only upgrade graphics but something that differs from that like the Wii U but than Sony like

16. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    So what RchUncleSkeleton?

Either the CEO of Sony France is wrong, or these rumours are. Conflicting sources.

1 person likes this.
  17. gameandmatch

gameandmatch GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2009
    United States
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I highly doubt it, everyone is starting to copy from each other.

18. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Creativity is dying.

Seriously, this is just a rumor. I'm taking this with a grain of salt. E3 will provide some facts. Something that this thread lacks.

19. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Gotta love them rumors. Do people honestly take all these as fact? For example the processor talk is just pure speculation: "We think we have a CELL CPU, oh wait no we don't. We have an AMD CPU. No we don't. We have an Inter CPU. No we don't. Wait what do we have again?"

I'll just wait for at least some kind of dev units or announcements (officialer the better).

20. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    It'll probably just be an optional feature, like they've always done in the past. It's not exactly going to be like the Wii-U is doing.