Rumor: Nintendo planning on buying Sega!

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Rayman is still kicking ass it's within he realm of possibilities that a revamped Sonic could make a splash. I seriously doubt that would ever happen though

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Why would a successful company like nintendo shell out for a piece of shit company like sega?
Their developers made fucking Sonic 06, sega's hit rock bottom.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but nintendo has no money ??? ?? ?

My basic stocks/business info site does not seem to have a lot right now or we might be able to throw numbers around (as it stands stock price way down and having just developed and launched a new console would probably eat a chunk of anybody's bank balance) but is this not exactly the thing business loans are made for.

Re disney buying things..... well that would be an interesting move. I say go for it though "best interests" are not exactly what I might be said to have at various points vs wanting to have interesting things happen. I do feel the need to note that Disney did once make a lot of truly quality games (much like sega for that matter).

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
But then there would be no more sonic games. And the last two (colors, generations) were really good.

Yeah which is not a major victory for SEGA because those two games where the ideas being rehash into new gimmicks. I want SEGA to stop putting new ideas of that stupid Sonic title and come up with something original for once. SEGA is almost like hip hop that's turnin into an awful rap/death metal spin-off! If SEGA can learn to stop over-complicating the game about a blue hedgehog that stops an obese mad man then we might get more unique level design instead of bullshit plot holes!

The only one Sonic game I've enjoyed which was a spin-off, was Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Edit: I have stopped defending SEGA when they stop caring about their effort of making class AAA games. Although SEGA was nothing but a 'hype' company after all, they only exist because of Nintendo's competitive rivalry in the gaming industry. RIP SEGA, time to cut off jobs and start being an unimportant third-party company like JBL.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know who or what Miku is but some characters for the next smash bros was announced. And there is a girl in it named Miku.
No.
Nothing has been announced for the new smash. Stop Trolling.

The big N wont buy Sega, but it would be great to see some partnerships between the two.

Nintendo should just buy the rights to Crash Bandicoot and resurrect that franchise however...

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if the survey had some populars characters, it's Sakurai's choice to decide to include them or not.

Officially, nothing has been announced regarding who will make it in.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: gamefan5

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
honestly, I think sonic colours would have worked better as a new franchise.
same with sonic... the one where he becomes a werewolf thingy.

well, not to say that sega couldn't make any good games anymore, but I don't really see a reason for nintendo to buy sega, unless it was sega's last straw or something. Then I guess it'd be better for nintendo to buy them if they'd otherwise be gone completely

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
My basic stocks/business info site does not seem to have a lot right now or we might be able to throw numbers around (as it stands stock price way down and having just developed and launched a new console would probably eat a chunk of anybody's bank balance) but is this not exactly the thing business loans are made for.
I don't think taking business loans is the done thing when you have plenty of money to cover it yourself. I'm sure their accounts have taken a bit of a beating in the last year or so, but I don't think that it will be hurting them too much. Rich bastards should give away more freebies :ha:

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ummm....We already saw NiGHTS on the Wii so what makes you say that?

Sorry... I meant NiGHTS into Dreams, not the horsecrap pile of heartbreak which was Journey of Dreams.
What I meant was, SEGA have done their re-releasing of said games, so even if Nintendo bought Sega, it's unlikely those particular games would come the way of the 3DS. Which is a shame because, other than being my favourite games in the world, I think they'd all look awesome in 3D. NiGHTS in particular.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo needs to buy this, and Rare.

NO MORE SHITTY SONICS, AND BANJO KAZOOIES

NO MORE DREAMCAST 2 RUMOURS, MAKE IT A REALITY NINTENDO :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat