DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MS has registered xboxfusion.com which might be a hint to the new console's name.

The domain registration is now part of the already registered xboxgold.com & xboxnext.com

If Microsoft has learned anything from its previous mistakes with launching a product without the matching domains — then it’s quite possible that the company’s next generation console will be called the “Xbox Fusion”.

Microsoft owns the name in a variety of different extensions and it has for years.

Speculation about the name being called “Xbox Fusion” isn’t anything new. But what separates “Xbox Fusion” and only a few other names from the rest of the list, is that not only does Microsoft own the dot-com (WHOIS), it owns a slew of other domains like XboxFusion.info, XboxFusion.biz, XboxFusion.de, XboxFusion.co.uk – the list goes on and on.

Speculation of the next gen console’s name has gone wild, fueled lately by the recent leak on Reddit of what may be the logo.

Names being kicked around include the Xbox 720, Xbox Infinity, Xbox Infinite, Xbox Gold, Xbox 8, Xbox Durango, Xbox Next, and more.

Source: XB-Scene

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you put the fusion and 360 together will it create an even more powerful console? :creep:
fusion1.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I'm concerned, it could be named "Xbox Doughnut" as long as it delivers in terms of capabilities, features and hardware. "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" was an idiotic name and it's one of the most memorable systems of all time, "PlayStation" as a name is uninspiring as all hell and it wiped the floor with its competition.

Reactions: Tonitonichopchop

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With no reasoning beyond "because" I am going with this being the name for MS' attempt to continue unifying all its stuff and not the new console.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ... what are they fusing then?
A multitude of different types and sources of media. TV, web streaming services, games, music.

Also the platform for Microsoft, fusing and uniting their mobile product with their desktop product with their set-top box/gaming console product.

Edit: In terms of both UI style and code that will function on it.

Reactions: Rydian

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in favor of;

"Xbox 720: Infinity Infinite Gold 8 Durango edition" Myself. I mean who wouldn't want a X720IIG8D?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A guy that said something about a new Sonic game (the same one that leaked info about Sonic Generations before) has called it as Xbox Infinite though

source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE