[RUMOR] new sonic game to celebrate sonic's 20th anniversay

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
- Sonic Anniversary and a third entry in the Mario and Sonic series are coming in 2011
- Sonic Anniversary will be a compilation of the best classic levels, from Sonic the Hedgehog’s Green Hill Zone to Sonic Adventure 2, updated for current generation consoles
- mix of 2D and 3D environments
- project slated for Playstation 3, Playstation Portable, Wii and DS.
- Mario and Sonic title could be related to the 2012 Summer Olympics in London
- some very small talk of the Mario and Sonic game possibly deviating from the gameplay mechanics set up by the first two games
source
sounds to good to be true.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure SEGA will fuck it up some how
laugh.gif

But if done correctly it would be amazing! And to be honest, they've definitely taken steps in the right direction after Sonic 4 and Sonic Colours
smile.gif

Can't wait to see how it compares to the fan games of late though.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
We already got Sonic 4 with completely rehashed boring levels do we really need another game. Why can't they just spend some significant amount of time on a sonic game for once like SA2 (although i don't think that was particularly good anyway).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saddamsdevil said:
baw, I was still hoping for a Sonic Adventure 3
Well there is a new rumour going around that Sega are gonna do a proper sequel that lots of people want.

Sonic CD 2 then because the Adventure games were terrible, I'm glad my rose tinted specs have been taken off.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit concerned about the "Sonic vs Mario" series... It always had a feel of ShovelWare, and if it comes into play with their anniversary it could be the final nail in Sonic's coffin.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh not the final nail but the series really needs to move in a better direction which I hope sonic colors will do for the sonic series.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it says mix of 2D and 3D environments so you really don't know and assuming if it is anything like Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection HD graphics will probably be included.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i been a gamer since the genesis/nintendo gen and boy those sonic games were kick ass. havn't tried 4 yet i also hope the new game they working on(rumor) is kick ass.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering the sales of both Mario & Sonic Olympics games SEGA and Nintendo would be stupid to not make a third one. IMO I consider them one of the better Minigame-collection... I`m curious how they want to deviate the mechanics if they stay in the same context (Olympic-/Wintergames).

The other news sound like a good Fan-service. Maybe something like a game with different levels from previews Sonic-games (maybe one per main sonic game: Green Hill, Chemical Plant, IceCap, Flying Battery,...) all in the Sonic4 (for 2D) or Sonic Unleashed/Colours (for 3D) visual style. Honestly that was something I was hoping for for the new Mario Collection, like many did I guess.

But it could also be just a collection of various lavels upscaled for HD-TVs... Who knows. I for one am pretty excited for Sonic Colors, because I already really enjoyed the daytime-stages of Sonic Unleashed so I`ll most definitely get my Sonic-fix for the next months with Sonic 4 and Colours
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yltcaxE