Rumor: New God of War PSP Coming, Has Been in the Works Since 08

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Mar 1, 2009.

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Oh wow, would you look at that. Finally some PSP news that's actually not coming from John Koller! Surprise, surprise! Ha!

This one's a rumor though, probably spinning from what Koller revealed yesterday. Remember when he said that Sony's in talks with Ready At Dawn to get them back on PSP development? Some people are wondering, if RAD does go back into the PSP arena, what game would it be? Jak & Daxter, God of War, or something else?

If this rumor proves to be true, it could be none other than Kratos himself making another handheld comeback.

According to Joystiq's 'trusted source,' RAD really did surrender all their PSP devkits back in June, right after God of War: Chains of Olympus went gold for Japan. However, they 'received new kits in late 2008 after Sony ordered up the sequel.'

If so, could it be that they're well into development for the new GoW PSP game already? It could even be that this year's E3 will be graced by Kratos in, not just in the form of GoW3, but maybe also for the new GoW PSP. Heck, why not even stretch it and say that the new PSP game could possibly coincide with the PS3 game's release early next year, hmm?

Well, a new God of War for the PSP would most definitely be welcome. As would a new Grand Theft Auto too. No confirmation anywhere yet, so we'll keep tabs on this as developments come in."

Source

2. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    How many gtas do the psp guys want ? even the original ps got only 2....

Anyways I don't belive that God of War rumor since they said they would move on to another platform...

3. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    GoW sales on the PSP where not that great, so I doubt there going to put millions of dollars into developing a sequel to a game that was a bit of a flop sales wise.

4. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I think the sales were pretty good... they also came out with a GoW PSP pack...

5. Tanas

United Kingdom
    Far from expected though.

6. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    would be a stupid investment =/

7. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Hmmm i agree with war, GoW definitely sold well on the PSP anyway this is still just a rumor, yet i wonder if they do release this game, would this sell well as well?

8. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
  9. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The game devs already said that they donĀ“t want to make another GoW for PSP but who knows possibly Sony gave them some money to make one [​IMG]

10. Tanas

United Kingdom
    Ok maybe I was a bit wrong [​IMG]

11. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    They finished Okami, no one knows what they're doing after that afaik.

Sony could have always come knocking it at their door with a bag of green. Certainly would make a lot of people change their mind. Makes sense since Sony made the PSP matter again this year, and more games is the way to do that.

At least I hope so, another GoW would be fucking great. I don't even care if it's the same damn gameplay and weapons.

12. Maverick_z

Member Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    since Chains of Olympus was a prequel I wonder what this one is gonna be about?