RUMOR New Donkey Kong Game Coming To Nintendo 3DS?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_m0nkkl1nwg1qa05e6o1_500.jpg

According to forum member over at DKVine EB Games are now accepting pre-orders for a Donkey Kong game for the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo themselves haven’t mentioned such a game, but the image shows the pre-order box-art sitting on store shelves along with the forthcoming Kid Icarus: Uprising and Smash Bros 3DS. Perhaps we will hear something about the game at E3 in June, presuming it’s legitimate.
Tip: Cheat-Master30 Anon/Scrap69
WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL OF THESE GAMES?
Source

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see it's right next to Super Smash Bros. 3DS on which the works hadn't even started yet.
It's pretty much confirmed by Nintendo it's coming one day, I'd imagine the 2012 is a placeholder date, company's just want the pre-orders up early to get the money rolling. I doubt a major retailer like EB games would put up false advertising and probably they may know it's in the makes. Time will tell anyway.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see it's right next to Super Smash Bros. 3DS on which the works hadn't even started yet.
It's pretty much confirmed by Nintendo it's coming one day, I'd imagine the 2012 is a placeholder date, company's just want the pre-orders up early to get the money rolling. I doubt a major retailer like EB games would put up false advertising and probably they may know it's in the makes. Time will tell anyway.
It's like saying "Pokemon is comming for the 3DS". The answer is "D'uh, of course!". Nintendo revived Donkey Kong on the Wii and the game had great sales, I can't see why they would not release a sequel on their new system, really.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 64 version was so much fun. I remember me and a friend actually played it so much at one time that we both felt sick.

I know there's been a few 64 remakes already on the 3DS, but I'd welcome Donkey Kong 64 with open thumbs.

Reactions: 1 person

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's like saying "Pokemon is comming for the 3DS". The answer is "D'uh, of course!". Nintendo revived Donkey Kong on the Wii and the game had great sales, I can't see why they would not release a sequel on their new system, really.
They may have some inside information that led them to go ahead with the pre-orders if they are really certain its coming. Who knows, I'm trying to be logical.

A major retailer assuming, 'oh it's obvious this game will be developed one day, hey lets start taking pre-orders right now'. It's just very unlikely.

Reactions: 3 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I used to love those Donkey Kong games on the GBC (I think it was on the GBC, can't really remember) the games were pretty fun and I always used the thin one that had a hat, dunno the name.. It's pretty awesome that the game might come to the 3DS, but like previously mentioned, it's right next to Super Smash Bros which has a written release date of 2012, which is near impossible, I'll hold my horses until Nintendo officially announces it and then I'll start my hype for it. xP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 64 version was so much fun. I remember me and a friend actually played it so much at one time that we both felt sick.

I know there's been a few 64 remakes already on the 3DS, but I'd welcome Donkey Kong 64 with open thumbs.
Sure - if it's a Virtual Console title for $5 bucks then I am willing to give this a blessing. $40? Sorry, Portendo 3DS is just not appealing.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How are people not disappointed that the general policy of releases for the 3DS has fallen back to "slap 3D" onto the end of an existing franchise? Where are the original ideas, or at least unexpected ports?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How are people not disappointed that the general policy of releases for the 3DS has fallen back to "slap 3D" onto the end of an existing franchise? Where are the original ideas, or at least unexpected ports?
Welcome back in the N64 era where every title needed a "64" at the end.

Reactions: 3 people

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo loves to use this dumb gimmick since SNES i really hate it

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DONKEY.

KONG

3D.

That is all.

I wish.
More likely it'll be like Donkey Konga 3D or some shit that's a complete waste of time.

Will people stop asking for remakes? Why 64 version? I think they're already capable of making a whole new Donkey Kong game just like what they did with the Wii version.

They haven't made a good Donkey Kong game since DK64.
If they can't do better, they might as well bring it over to 3DS and make it portable.
I'm all for ports of good N64 games on the 3DS. I haven't played DK64 in..what, 10 years now?
That's long enough that it'd be a new enough experience to justify me purchasing it.

EDIT: Though I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel or something either. But if it's going to be a shit DK game, i'd rather they not bother and just use their resources to port over DK64.

Reactions: 2 people

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome back in the N64 era where every title needed a "64" at the end.

Thank heavens i picked a Playstation over the N64 in the end.....

But even then the N64 has some great original titles. More and more it seems that it'll be an eternity before there are some real gems on the 3DS that will distinguish it as it's own animal.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DONKEY.

KONG

3D.

That is all.

I wish.
More likely it'll be like Donkey Konga 3D or some shit that's a complete waste of time.

Will people stop asking for remakes? Why 64 version? I think they're already capable of making a whole new Donkey Kong game just like what they did with the Wii version.

They haven't made a good Donkey Kong game since DK64.
If they can't do better, they might as well bring it over to 3DS and make it portable.
I'm all for ports of good N64 games on the 3DS. I haven't played DK64 in..what, 10 years now?
That's long enough that it'd be a new enough experience to justify me purchasing it.

EDIT: Though I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel or something either. But if it's going to be a shit DK game, i'd rather they not bother and just use their resources to port over DK64.

Are you saying the Wii version was bad? I actually thought they did a pretty good job at making that game. The 3DS is a whole new handheld, sure I wouldn't mind few remakes, but if people keep on demanding remakes, then it's not going to be a Nintendo 3DS, but a Portendo 3DS just like Foxi said. We want new games and yes we are currently getting few new worthy titles, but I think people would want a new game for Donkey Kong instead of a remake since Nintendo did show potential in the Wii version.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Would you prefer Super Donkey Kong, Donkey kong 64, Donkey Kong Advance, or Donkey Kong DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh and touch screen infinity better lol